What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Not really.
You win games by outscoring the opposition and if you are leaking 40+ points a game, that is hard to do.
So you focus on getting your fundamentals right, your defence, your penalties conceded, all the little things that limit the oppositions attack.
You also focus on not making mistakes with the ball. You play risk free in attack so as not to give away possession.

When these become 2nd nature and are part of your DNA, you play Parraball.
I don't know about that. I know teams do it, or seem to, but I'm not convinced it's optimal. There might be something positive in it from a psychological pov but I think breaking down how teams are scoring points against in several areas, and how you aren't, might be better. At least I think we can set several goals both in attack and defence. I dunno, I've had a couple.

yy_cheng

Coach
I thought this bench is perfect. Alot of lighter players who can defend well and stop the opposition go foward

Ja covers the backs 1 to 7 and rein is there in case hadgo gets tired

Imagine when reg or jnr is injured or both at the same time

Glenneel

Bench
So did Sharks and Cowboys. Storm and Rooster where crippled by injuries. So was Manly. All had strong squads if fit and would of made far more noise in finals.
2017 we lost Gutherson and I think Bevan also
2021 Mahoney
2020 was it Sivo,Fergo and Jennings?
Don't recall 2019.
So we've had our share of bad luck in finals along with horror draws
Have we ever had a fully fit squad bar this year? It kinda helped having a soft draw and a fully fit squad.
Our draw was one of the hardest, if not the toughest imo. Look at who we played twice, Storm, Panfers, Roosters, Manly, Raiders for a start and Cowboys in Darwin.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Before I even get to the bench, looking down that list I get as far as Blake and think, wtf ?

He either needs to come good or be replaced, Dunster or Russell or someone. He had a nightmare final series.

Oh, then there is the bench. Be interesting to see if BA comes good on his word about JA needing a season in Cup.

Gronk

Staff member
That ^^^^ list was compiled by a merkin who has no idea about our club. Rodwell will be in there for a start. Rein ? Won't see first grade just like this year. Hands to be utility is my smokey.

Glenneel

Bench

EELS SIGN NRL'S OWN LEBRON​

Rugby league will have its own Lebron in 2023!

Parramatta has signed a giant prop from the Broncos system, Lebron Tuala.

And while standing at a towering two metres, he is just shy of NBA legend LeBron James (2.06m). The teenage middle forward is only 18 and still growing, with good judges rating him a fine prospect.

At 118 kilograms, he has plenty of bulk as well and moves swiftly for a big kid.

Tuala made a strong impression playing for Norths Devils in the Mal Meninga Cup this season, where he was spotted by Eels scouts.

Blessed with a strong running game and a hard hitter in defence, he's definitely one to watch out for over the next couple of seasons.

Is that 2 LeBron's now???

Glenneel

Bench
I'm sure they will. But Tago, May,Crighton and Spencer are going to be getting better. All are young and not at peak.
Add the fact they won Sg ball, Jersey flegg and Nsw cup id day there is more coming through the system.
They can't keep them all. Time to raid their juniors, even players contracted past next year.

hindy111

Post Whore
Before I even get to the bench, looking down that list I get as far as Blake and think, wtf ?

He either needs to come good or be replaced, Dunster or Russell or someone. He had a nightmare final series.

Oh, then there is the bench. Be interesting to see if BA comes good on his word about JA needing a season in Cup.

I'd move him to centre if still here. Aslong as his defense is ok his attack there is good. Just needs some early ball.

Avenger

Immortal
Someone mentioned Mansour. Are you guys serious? He’s way past it. I like the idea of putting Simonsson in the centres. Blake to be left on the wing with a reduced offer of $350k, take it or leave it. Russell to be the next cab off the rank.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our draw was one of the hardest, if not the toughest imo. Look at who we played twice, Storm, Panfers, Roosters, Manly, Raiders for a start and Cowboys in Darwin.

I was talking our final series to get into grand final. Canberra and Cowboys. Considering Sharks blew it against them and Souths destroyed Sharks. How do you feel Souths would of went against Cowboys? They win easily imo.

hindy111

Post Whore
Someone mentioned Mansour. Are you guys serious? He’s way past it. I like the idea of putting Simonsson in the centres. Blake to be left on the wing with a reduced offer of $350k, take it or leave it. Russell to be the next cab off the rank.

Simmonson is a big average footballer. He is ok if we had a great backline and took one spot. But we don't. It's full of average

Avenger

Immortal
I'd move him to centre if still here. Aslong as his defense is ok his attack there is good. Just needs some early ball.
Mate we need someone with strength to take the ball up from the wing. Blake can do that. Dunster maybe be able to. And if they can’t To‘o needs to be offered big money for season 2024.

JokerEel

Coach

350k thats more than we are paying him now!

Yes Mansour is past it his defense at the world cup is average.