What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
By the same token, can you show us a source that says it's over half (you said over half remember) for 2023??

Yours Lol'ing
Dick

Did I sleep with your wife or something? You need to remove that massive chip on your shoulder.

Anyway I never said over half and didn't jump at the chance to prove anyone wrong. I also said at least half not over half.

1666312774047.png

hindy111

Post Whore
400k extra for our halves.

We had enough to keep Ice if he could backflip.

We are not paying Waqa's full wage Penrith are at least paying half.

That ended in 2021.
He was on 380k and probably what we are paying him. Or we may of spread out the amount they chipped in and he costs us about 330k

JokerEel

Coach
That ended in 2021.
He was on 380k and probably what we are paying him. Or we may of spread out the amount they chipped in and he costs us about 330k

Everywhere has him on 500k for next year. If we have him in the cap for that much it's crazy but we also have that much to offer someone else in 2024.
I would use it towards To'o he can't want more than 600k can he or even Manu from the Roosters who would want more but would be
a better fullback in 2024 than Gutho will be.

Incorrect

Coach
Did I sleep with your wife or something? You need to remove that massive chip on your shoulder.

Anyway I never said over half and didn't jump at the chance to prove anyone wrong. I also said at least half not over half.

View attachment 67573
At least half means exactly that. Half at the very least.... The insinuation is generally that it's more than the least when people use that turn of phrase...

When you make outlandish unsubstantiated claims you should expect to be challenged. Got nothing to do with a chip on my shoulder.

Carry on....

JokerEel

Coach
At least half means exactly that. Half at the very least.... The insinuation is generally that it's more than the least when people use that turn of phrase...

When you make outlandish unsubstantiated claims you should expect to be challenged. Got nothing to do with a chip on my shoulder.

Carry on....

Thats on me I shouldn't have engaged with a neanderthal.

I must apologies to LeagueUnlimited for the wasted server space..

hindy111

Post Whore
Everywhere has him on 500k for next year. If we have him in the cap for that much it's crazy but we also have that much to offer someone else in 2024.
I would use it towards To'o he can't want more than 600k can he or even Manu from the Roosters who would want more but would be
a better fullback in 2024 than Gutho will be.

I'd happily give e Manu 900k

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Carry on....
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He was deadset ordinary rucking it out from our own end, I’d be f**king this dick finger clown off as soon as possible.

I don't see much upside to this bloke, hands like feet and a turnstile in defense.

When he rucks the ball out he runs like f**k and then tries a fancy step or whatever, it slows him down and he has no momentum. Then he tries too hard to get a fast ptb and f**ks up, drops the ball or whatever, and gives away penalties. I may be being hard on the guy but we need better.

I hate to say it, but instead of all this jinking and whatnot, he needs to chase the collision.

strider

Post Whore
And re: 1.2m, i reckon thats probably around what we might need to pay for both our halves from 2024 on (maybe we could upgrade a bit in 2023 too???)

Incorrect

Coach
surely they cant keep him and Suaalii
Long term they might be comfortable letting Tedesco leave for a swansong with the Tiggers (Benji wants the band back together remember!!), let Keary walk too and then move Manu to 6 and play Sua'ali'i at fullback. One thing's for sure, they need to get Manu's hands on the ball more to take full advantage of his talent...

If Sua'ali'i can make a fist of fullback to complement a remaining spine of Manu, Walker and Brandon Smith, that's a tad handy!!

One thing the Roosters do very well is rejuvenate their squad before it all goes to shit....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why would it have ended 2 years ago? He signed with Penrith until the end of 23.
Their payout would’ve been negotiated separately. It doesn’t have anything to do with the original contract amount or duration. Also got nothing to do with his subsequent contract negotiation with us or any other club he negotiated with at the time. They are three separate negotiations:

The contract he signed with Penrith in October 2018
The payout he got from Penrith in June 2019
The contract he signed with Parramatta in June 2019

Three separate negotiations with no connection to each other except for the player wanting to maximise his earnings and Penrith wanting him off the books.

There is no market force that would’ve gotten him a $500k offer from Penrith in 2018 or us in 2019. It’s a fantasy number to create maximum melodrama. Pull your heads in.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because it was agreed upon as per the release for him to play with us. It doesn’t mean that they foot the bill for the entire contract. From memory it was only for the first 2 years.
It just means whatever payout they agreed to, it was spread over their cap for two years. It doesn’t mean we paid any less. Whatever we’re paying him we negotiated separately. It’s independent of the payout and the original contract with Penrith.