What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
I reckon it's close to what we had last year. The bench is strong I just chucked Rein there cause I don't know if Hands or someone else is up for NRL yet. A bench of Taupau, Nathan Brown, and Matto is really strong you can't sit there and think that bench is worse than what we had last year. It's about the same or better imo. I think the clubs did well with the blokes they've managed to bring in considering what we lost. That team can compete and I back us to improve, we weren't that good at all last year and we made the GF. I reckon if we kick up another gear we can win it. It's just finding that extra gear.
I honestly wouldn't go anywhere near Taupau... His best footy is so far behind him and he's not going to re-capture it at his age. We shouldn't be bringing in any middles older than Reg or Junior IMO... I love Nrown but I fear his head and heart won't be in the game if he is still on our books in 2023. But on the flip side, if he's playing for a 2024 contract he could have an awesome season and it might work in our favour...but will BA pick him in the top grade??

SneakyEel

Juniors
I honestly wouldn't go anywhere near Taupau... His best footy is so far behind him and he's not going to re-capture it at his age. We shouldn't be bringing in any middles older than Reg or Junior IMO... I love Nrown but I fear his head and heart won't be in the game if he is still on our books in 2023. But on the flip side, if he's playing for a 2024 contract he could have an awesome season and it might work in our favour...but will BA pick him in the top grade??
I back him to come good if he stays. He'd be fighting for a contract and players really turn it up when they need a new contract it happens all the time.

Black Panther

Juniors
Lads, there's no need to panic just yet about signings. The off-season has only just f**king begun, what we've signed isn't going to be our only signings. We've still got N.Brown on the books and he'll be fine even if he stays or goes we either get a strong bench player or get money to spend on other players either one is good. I also have mail we're going to be bagging Taupau after he comes back from the world cup so I don't think we have too much to worry about in the forwards. Don't forget Hopgood and Murchie are only going to improve under us, they're both guns and they'll be great additions. Regards to the backs I don't see the big issue that everyone else sees tbh. The only issue is Waqa and if he doesn't perform we have the likes of Russel, Dunster, Cini ready to step up and take his place. Simonsson and Penisini are set and forgets in the centres they were both strong defensively especially Simonsson in the few games he had there and they are only going to improve.
Pretty funny, Hopgood going to improve under Parra.. The guy has spent the last few years playing in the best set up possible, but yeah Parra will surely make him better.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
A team of
  1. Gutherson
  2. Sivo
  3. Simmonson
  4. Penisini
  5. Dunster
  6. D.Brown
  7. Moses
  8. Campbell-Gillard
  9. Hodgson
  10. Paulo
  11. Lane
  12. Murchie
  13. Hopgood
  14. Rein
  15. Matterson
  16. Taupau
  17. N.Brown
Is well and truly able to win the comp if a few things go our way. The boys will be hungrier than ever and I back them to get the job done in 2023.

Rein isn't a bench dummy half for mine. He's either a starter in firsts or in reserves. If we could find or produce a hooker that is capable of also hitting the ball up that'd be ideal.

Pretty funny, Hopgood going to improve under Parra.. The guy has spent the last few years playing in the best set up possible, but yeah Parra will surely make him better.
He should improve anyway as he's still young. We also have had a few players come to us and improve. And sometimes just a change of scene works wonders. You just won the title mate, no need to be so defensive.

SneakyEel

Juniors
How would he not improve by getting consistent game time every week something that he never got at the Panthers? Also, mate f**k off and go back to your own forum I'm sick of you popping in and opening your trap.

Incorrect

Coach
How would he not improve by getting consistent game time every week something that he never got at the Panthers? Also, mate f**k off and go back to your own forum I'm sick of you popping in and opening your trap.
Ahhh, go easy .... It's the off season, it's slim pickings for footy talk across much of LU at the moment. No harm other fans popping in here and I had no problem with what he posted. It was a fair comment IMO

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He should improve anyway as he's still young. We also have had a few players come to us and improve. And sometimes just a change of scene works wonders. You just won the title mate, no need to be so defensive.
His team has won the last two comps but the 12 year old is in here trying to troll, quite sad really. Hope he offers more when he steps up to year 8.

parra pete

Referee

As Billy Shakespeare once said -
"Some men are born great, (Ken Thornett) some achieve greatness (King Gutho) and some have greatness thrust upon them (J'maine Hopwood)"

hindy111

Post Whore

I don't think Marty would be signed for big game time. He would be seen as a gap filler. 1yr and 20 mins a game. An upgrade on Makatoa.
If he turned back the clock we might get 30 from him tops.

The thing is if we have 2 or 3 good young kids ready in 2024/2025 what's the alternative? Makatoa or sign a better and younger prop who will want 3yrs and risk losing an up and comer.

So its a bit hard to bag the club when we don't know exactly what's going on behind the scenes. Marty signing gives me faith we have a few ready for 2024

Captain BF

Juniors
Here's a completely useless piece of trivia for all (or none) of you... Andrew Fifita was at Parramatta Leagues Club on Sunday afternoon. It could very well have just been a family function although I saw an article that stated he had spoken to a few clubs. I wonder if one was Parra?

A team of
  1. Gutherson
  2. Sivo
  3. Simmonson
  4. Penisini
  5. Dunster
  6. D.Brown
  7. Moses
  8. Campbell-Gillard
  9. Hodgson
  10. Paulo
  11. Lane
  12. Murchie
  13. Hopgood
  14. Rein
  15. Matterson
  16. Taupau
  17. N.Brown
Is well and truly able to win the comp if a few things go our way. The boys will be hungrier than ever and I back them to get the job done in 2023.
Wow that’s a weak back line

strider

Post Whore
Here's a completely useless piece of trivia for all (or none) of you... Andrew Fifita was at Parramatta Leagues Club on Sunday afternoon. It could very well have just been a family function although I saw an article that stated he had spoken to a few clubs. I wonder if one was Parra?
He supposedly retired cos of injury issues the other day

Latest posts