What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

SneakyEel

Juniors
The article says the new roosters "bulldogs" are front runners.

Excerpt below - https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...g/news-story/064dc2021b6f8e56461e8cadecb5296b

Xerri is looking in great shape as he and his manager Matt Desira start preparing to talk to NRL clubs.

He even posted on social media last week a copy of official ASADA doping paperwork with the comment: “To shut you all up.”

Xerri can sign with an NRL club from November 1 for the 2024 season.

The Bulldogs are rumoured to be the frontrunners.
If the bulldogs get him I'd be going hard for Alamoti his off-contract for the 2024 season. He's a future origin player imo. He's only 18 and he's already a gun.

Soto

Bench
Can you post the full article please
Here you go.

Despite serving a four-year doping ban, former NRL star Bronson Xerri is back playing park footy with the blessing of Australian Oztag.

Xerri, who still has a year to run on his suspension, has joined a team in Cronulla Oztag with NRL players Kyle Flanagan and Damien Cook.

The 22-year-old declined to comment when contacted by The Sunday Telegraph.

His friends say that while it is a social competition, Xerri loves being back in a team environment.

It has been a long and lonely few years from when his career was abruptly derailed after a positive test to performance-enhancing substances. Former NRL referee and senior Oztag official Bill Harrigan says there are no rules to prevent Xerri from playing.

“We’re not affiliated with the Australian Sports Commission or the NRL,” Harrigan said.

“We don’t have a drug policy because we’re a recreational sport.

“You’re not getting paid and you’re not chasing gold medals.

“We don’t hold a grudge. I don’t see why we would enforce a suspension from another sport.”

Xerri is looking in great shape as he and his manager Matt Desira start preparing to talk to NRL clubs.

He even posted on social media last week a copy of official ASADA doping paperwork with the comment: “To shut you all up.”

Xerri can sign with an NRL club from November 1 for the 2024 season.

The Bulldogs are rumoured to be the frontrunners.

Soto

Bench
Either Alamoti or Jeral skelton.
Skelton is a gun. I watched him a few times after he signed for the dogs. He can play. One to watch and i reckon better than Alamoti. Something will have to give there as they have Schoup, Alamoti, Shelton and Braidon Burns all vying for a centre spot. Not sure if Corey Allan is around or signed for Roosters as was rumoured...The dogs have decent options in the 3/4 line

Glenneel

Bench
Skelton is a gun. I watched him a few times after he signed for the dogs. He can play. One to watch and i reckon better than Alamoti. Something will have to give there as they have Schoup, Alamoti, Shelton and Braidon Burns all vying for a centre spot. Not sure if Corey Allan is around or signed for Roosters as was rumoured...The dogs have decent options in the 3/4 line
Must have employed Roosters accountant as have unlimited sombrero.

lingard

Coach
Won’t be cheap, so doesn’t fit our cap business model IMO. Penisni looks like he’s been earmarked as a keeper so Waqa’s squad replacement in 2024 will need to be a value player.
Why wouldn't he be cheap? He'd be desperate for a gig. He's an unknown quantity without drugs to assist him.

Why wouldn't he be cheap? He'd be desperate for a gig. He's an unknown quantity without drugs to assist him.
I agree he's an unknown quantity but I'm not sure all the clubs will see it that way. Unless you're completely convinced that this is a guy who made one mistake and has truly learnt the error of his ways, and that's not the impression I get, then I don't know why you'd sign him. Same thing with Curtis Scott. FFS O'Neill!

Gronk

Staff member
Because he’s older and stronger now. Training staff can benchmark his pace off the mark, agility in an hour at the local park. If he has genuine hunger and passes the dickhead test* then he’ll be an easy decision for most clubs. No way will a club get him in the same ballpark to min wage. The upside for him is huge and the risk is low.

* I haven’t followed his story super closely, but I think that his lack of remorse or admission of guilt (???) might be a deal breaker for some clubs.

hindy111

Post Whore
Because he’s older and stronger now. Training staff can benchmark his pace off the mark, agility in an hour at the local park. If he has genuine hunger and passes the dickhead test* then he’ll be an easy decision for most clubs. No way will a club get him in the same ballpark to min wage. The upside for him is huge and the risk is low.

* I haven’t followed his story super closely, but I think that his lack of remorse or admission of guilt (???) might be a deal breaker for some clubs.

300k+

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I seem to remember him quoted as saying he didn't want a coaching gig again, that's why he wanted to take on our pathways and recruiting job

pants on fire ?

Chipmunk

Coach
If you read the article, apparently he called the Dragons to see if they had any work, before he called Parra. It seems like a similar job. I suspect he lives closer and will choose the Dragons if they make him an offer.

Noise

Coach
If you read the article, apparently he called the Dragons to see if they had any work, before he called Parra. It seems like a similar job. I suspect he lives closer and will choose the Dragons if they make him an offer.

Didn’t we officially announce him, ie he already signed with us?

Latest posts