What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
If you read the article, apparently he called the Dragons to see if they had any work, before he called Parra. It seems like a similar job. I suspect he lives closer and will choose the Dragons if they make him an offer.

Didn’t we officially announce him, ie he already signed with us?
Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you read the article, apparently he called the Dragons to see if they had any work, before he called Parra. It seems like a similar job. I suspect he lives closer and will choose the Dragons if they make him an offer.

Maybe it’s not a fixed duration contract but just requires four weeks notice or whatever.

Gronk

Staff member
I thougjt his gig with us was always meant to be a short one reviewing our pathways
I think you’re right, but he had a option to continue if it floats his boat. Head of Dragons recruitment is up a paygrade, back to his old club and assume he’s from the Shire. No brainer.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

The Parramatta Eels have engaged former NRL player and Head Coach Nathan Brown to lead a review into its Elite Pathways program.

The Club remains focused on continuing to increase the number of local juniors in our NRL squad in line with its development club philosophy.

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said that the review is looking at how the Eels can offer the best Elite Pathways program available so that our local talent has the best opportunity to progress through to NRL level.

“Nathan has a wealth of experience both as an NRL player and Head Coach at every level within the game. Importantly, Nathan has been exposed to many pathways programs and is highly passionate about this space.

“Through his involvement, Nathan will be able to give us an informed view of where our programs are at and what opportunities there will be to make improvements in line with best practice.

So I guess if the review has been submitted then he's done his job.

Noise

Coach
The Parramatta Eels have engaged former NRL player and Head Coach Nathan Brown to lead a review into its Elite Pathways program.

The Club remains focused on continuing to increase the number of local juniors in our NRL squad in line with its development club philosophy.

Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill said that the review is looking at how the Eels can offer the best Elite Pathways program available so that our local talent has the best opportunity to progress through to NRL level.

“Nathan has a wealth of experience both as an NRL player and Head Coach at every level within the game. Importantly, Nathan has been exposed to many pathways programs and is highly passionate about this space.

“Through his involvement, Nathan will be able to give us an informed view of where our programs are at and what opportunities there will be to make improvements in line with best practice.

Is this the review that identified nepotism in the pathways?

parra pete

Referee

Now in a position to 'cherry pick' the best Eels juniors for the Dragons...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They would have to want to go there, its a bit of a train wreck atm.

Anywho, Brown is still in limbo for now, or until he finalizes his work for us assuming it's not finalized as yet.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Now in a position to 'cherry pick' the best Eels juniors for the Dragons...

Opposition teams would already know our best juniors, and we'd know theirs. Recently we've had Canberra take Mooney and Tohi, Newcastle take Martin, and Bulldogs take Gabreal. They didn't need to have some secret covert operation to take these players. They signed them up when we hadn't signed them up, in the case of Tohi we released him early from his contract.

parra pete

Referee
Opposition teams would already know our best juniors, and we'd know theirs. Recently we've had Canberra take Mooney and Tohi, Newcastle take Martin, and Bulldogs take Gabreal. They didn't need to have some secret covert operation to take these players. They signed them up when we hadn't signed them up, in the case of Tohi we released him early from his contract.
Ooops sorry...,..Glad the appointment of Nathan Brown to review the juniors hasn't put in him "in the know". He didn't do a good job ---apparently...whew....
"Mum's the word, Nathan....mum's the word"......

SneakyEel

Juniors
Lads, there's no need to panic just yet about signings. The off-season has only just f**king begun, what we've signed isn't going to be our only signings. We've still got N.Brown on the books and he'll be fine even if he stays or goes we either get a strong bench player or get money to spend on other players either one is good. I also have mail we're going to be bagging Taupau after he comes back from the world cup so I don't think we have too much to worry about in the forwards. Don't forget Hopgood and Murchie are only going to improve under us, they're both guns and they'll be great additions. Regards to the backs I don't see the big issue that everyone else sees tbh. The only issue is Waqa and if he doesn't perform we have the likes of Russel, Dunster, Cini ready to step up and take his place. Simonsson and Penisini are set and forgets in the centres they were both strong defensively especially Simonsson in the few games he had there and they are only going to improve.

SneakyEel

Juniors
A team of
  1. Gutherson
  2. Sivo
  3. Simmonson
  4. Penisini
  5. Dunster
  6. D.Brown
  7. Moses
  8. Campbell-Gillard
  9. Hodgson
  10. Paulo
  11. Lane
  12. Murchie
  13. Hopgood
  14. Rein
  15. Matterson
  16. Taupau
  17. N.Brown
Is well and truly able to win the comp if a few things go our way. The boys will be hungrier than ever and I back them to get the job done in 2023.

Incorrect

Coach
A team of
  1. Gutherson
  2. Sivo
  3. Simmonson
  4. Penisini
  5. Dunster
  6. D.Brown
  7. Moses
  8. Campbell-Gillard
  9. Hodgson
  10. Paulo
  11. Lane
  12. Murchie
  13. Hopgood
  14. Rein
  15. Matterson
  16. Taupau
  17. N.Brown
Is well and truly able to win the comp if a few things go our way. The boys will be hungrier than ever and I back them to get the job done in 2023.
I have question marks over that 3/4 line as well as the 14, 16 and 17 tbh... So yeah, I don't think it's better than the 2022 side on paper....

SneakyEel

Juniors
I have question marks over that 3/4 line as well as the 14, 16 and 17 tbh... So yeah, I don't think it's better than the 2022 side on paper....
I reckon it's close to what we had last year. The bench is strong I just chucked Rein there cause I don't know if Hands or someone else is up for NRL yet. A bench of Taupau, Nathan Brown, and Matto is really strong you can't sit there and think that bench is worse than what we had last year. It's about the same or better imo. I think the clubs did well with the blokes they've managed to bring in considering what we lost. That team can compete and I back us to improve, we weren't that good at all last year and we made the GF. I reckon if we kick up another gear we can win it. It's just finding that extra gear.

Latest posts