What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I wouldn't say broken but declining. Seems to have peaked in running metres at least in 2020 and going downhill since. Only 2 or 3 line breaks this year and more missed tackles than any season before
I always thought he was a bit overrated. Looks good running it but not great stats. Alright recently though, and fantasy points suggest he's still putting in so could be okay at the right price.

His output will be down but Newcastle went through an array of halves throughout the year so that could explain the decrease in line breaks

yy_cheng

Coach
Any of the world cup players worth a look at especially from the teams our players are in e..g Lebanon, samoa

Eelementary

Post Whore
Guth was young
Scott was a dud. Just like Fergo. One good season followed by very average footy.

Guth was young, true - but he suffered what can in many cases be a career-defining injury.

He has gone on to hardly be injured.

Scott wasn't great on the field, but he provided leadership, and hardly missed games.

Point was that they came to us with dubious histories, and it worked out for us.

I'm not a huge Frizzell fan, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt if we do sign him.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I actualy have a good feeling about Arthurs younger boy. Not sure why but I reckon he will be a goer
Less pressure being a dummy half then a halfback.

Matt sounds like a typical dummy half as i heard from people around the junior league he was a bit of a smartarse as a kid. But rips in defensively not sure of his attacking skills.

If Jake was a backrower i reckon there would be less outrage as he can just do a simple job and role for team.

Being a halfback and handed the keys to the team when he isn't ready does him no favours.

strider

Post Whore
I think guys like Scott and Watmough had more value in showing others how to harden the f**k up ..... and i think we were tougher back then. BAs tenure seemed to have a phase where we were one of the best defensive teams, then now we seem to just be average defensively.

Maybe some hard older heads will help toughen us up again?

hindy111

Post Whore
Less pressure being a dummy half then a halfback.

Matt sounds like a typical dummy half as i heard from people around the junior league he was a bit of a smartarse as a kid. But rips in defensively not sure of his attacking skills.

If Jake was a backrower i reckon there would be less outrage as he can just do a simple job and role for team.

Being a halfback and handed the keys to the team when he isn't ready does him no favours.

The way JA played in 2nd half against Manly was pretty dam good.
He should watch that tape and try and base his game consistently on that.