What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
I have a question if Hodgson's knee and his other knee and then the first knee again, will handle more than a handful of games? Probably another question about his shoulder too.

Other knee and shoulder have had to do bugger all for almost a season. So hopefully they are fine.

Gronk

Staff member
Only player I have questions over is Momoisea
With Oregon gone, we need someone to step up. Is it Rodwell, Makka, Oggie, Momo or Emu ?

Maybe none of them and we have a bolter from the 21s ?

Maybe Nathan Brown can roll his sleeves up and slide into the prop rotation ? ? His 30 min stint in the GF suggests no for me.

JokerEel

Coach
With Oregon gone, we need someone to step up. Is it Rodwell, Makka, Oggie, Momo or Emu ?

Maybe Nathan Brown can roll his sleeves up and slide into the prop rotation ? ? His 30 min stint in the GF suggests no for me.

I have no faith in any of the named players to be honest.

Gronk

Staff member

officer barbrady threaten GIF by South Park

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

I reckon we'll go either Murchie or Doorey in the middle. Someone a bit more lightweight who can do more work.

SneakyEel

Juniors

I've heard that Momo is a beast. He was held in high regard by the Knights and they wanted to keep him. He chose us for less is what I've been told. I think he'll be a main stay on the bench next season.

eels_fan

First Grade
Its rumoured Moses is on $900k already, with bonuses additional on rep games or a title, and Dylan is on $800k.

With the cap rumoured to be increase by $1.2-$1.5m for 2023, and a further $300k in subsequent years, i'm sure we can factor $350-$400k of that increase for our halves. Offer Moses $1.15m and Brown $1m a year for 4 years, with an upgrade to 2023, take it or leave it.

JokerEel

Coach
Its rumoured Moses is on $900k already, with bonuses additional on rep games or a title, and Dylan is on $800k.

With the cap rumoured to be increase by $1.2-$1.5m for 2023, and a further $300k in subsequent years, i'm sure we can factor $350-$400k of that increase for our halves. Offer Moses $1.15m and Brown $1m a year for 4 years, with an upgrade to 2023, take it or leave it.

Lets hope that is the plan.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Murchie was a centre that moved to the second row. Doorey might make a good smaller middle. Looks suprisingly fast as well .
If these merkins are good enough to get on the field one of them might play on the edge. Matterson might start out wide and then move into the middle later on.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We need some smaller middles. Junior, Reg, and Matto are massive. Hopgood is a good start for a smaller, work-rate middle.
If we can find 80 minutes of edge forward out of Murchie/Doorey/other the following is the foundation of a pretty good middle rotation:

8. RCG
10. Paulo
13. Hopgood
14. Matterson

That’s 220+ minutes for the three middle spots. That leaves less than 20 minutes to bring in from elsewhere. Any merkin could provide that.

TheCrowe

Juniors
If we can find 80 minutes of edge forward out of Murchie/Doorey/other the following is the foundation of a pretty good middle rotation:

8. RCG
10. Paulo
13. Hopgood
14. Matterson

That’s 220+ minutes for the three middle spots. That leaves less than 20 minutes to bring in from elsewhere. Any merkin could provide that.
Murchie played pretty strong in the games I watched him play. I think he has the inside running for the second row spot.

Latest posts