What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Rocket man

Juniors
It's an interesting TPA with the car, although I think cars are allowed under the cap anyway so may not be a TPA, but if it was a TPA, the car company can't really take the car off him if he leaves, as I would say that would be against the 'inducement to play for a particular club' under the TPA rules.
I think they're allowed a certain amount for car allowance and the BMW could put them over.
As for a TPA. Maybe they could offer one and the stipulation could be to arrive at a certain place after training in say 10 mins.

yy_cheng

Coach
Potential utilities. Hands, Yates, Asi and Rein . JA needs to run the reggies to deveop his game.
Hands, Yates , have they played first grade at all?

Rein, backup hooker if hodgo gors down only. He wont play 14.

Asi, the best challenger to ja for a utility spot but if he's only here 1 year and cowpat bound in 24, he's then just. A backup of a backup so he wont be 14

Then who else?

I have voiced my opinions of ja though the only position i would want him in in first grade is hooker

In being realistic, ba will pick ja and also at the moment, thread no one better

Eel2reel

Juniors
Yeah. I don’t really like JA either mate, but what are you going to do about, start a petition?

I wish we had better depth and I’d prefer not to see the lanky turd playing first grade but I predict he’ll play as much, if not more first grade in 2023 than he did in 2022.

Its very exciting.
That is f^$king depressing.

TheCrowe

Juniors
Hands, Yates , have they played first grade at all?

Rein, backup hooker if hodgo gors down only. He wont play 14.

Asi, the best challenger to ja for a utility spot but if he's only here 1 year and cowpat bound in 24, he's then just. A backup of a backup so he wont be 14

Then who else?

I have voiced my opinions of ja though the only position i would want him in in first grade is hooker

In being realistic, ba will pick ja and also at the moment, thread no one better
One person has said Asi to cowboys in 24. Pretty weak rumour. Asi was without a contract for months. Cows could have easily signed him to a second tier contract for 23.
Playing as hooker off the bench is not what JA needs for his development. He needs a full season in reserves running a team. Even BA stated that.
Who ever is on the bench needs to be able to play hooker. I cant see us getting Simpkin so we have to choose from what we have.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I dont think the Tigers will give up Simpkin. They have an ageing DH and they have lost Liddle and Nu Brown.
Not like we are in a strong negotiating position.
They also have rookie Rua Ngatikaura in their top 30 squad to, who also has some promise. Additionally they have Smith on a train/trial contract.

Considering Api will be first choice for next few years (and playing close to 80 mins), it’s hard to keep 2 promising rookies in your top 30 squad (and keep them happy).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
i blame the game plan, apart from a few trick shots we just wanted to run one out into the teeth of the panthers defense and on this occasion they just ate it up.
You can’t go around strong defensive teams. You need to wear them out and you don’t do that by dropping the ball. Chances are you’re not going to score many no matter what you do. Our problem in that game was defence. We went into the game fatigued and got worn down very quickly.

TheCrowe

Juniors
They also have rookie Rua Ngatikaura in their top 30 squad to, who also has some promise. Additionally they have Smith on a train/trial contract.

Considering Api will be first choice for next few years (and playing close to 80 mins), it’s hard to keep 2 promising rookies in your top 30 squad (and keep them happy).
The preseason will decide who gets the bench spot. Simpkin would be good for us.

yy_cheng

Coach
I know BA has said that JA will be spending 2023 in NSW Cup but part of me has a feeling that's just a bit of lip service to take some pressure off Jake and stop any speculation in the lead up to the season... Especially when Jakey trains the house down over the offseason...
Exactly.

Ja defense in the middle isn't too bad. Hands and yates, don't know. They are probably worse than reed

Incorrect

Coach
Exactly.

Ja defense in the middle isn't too bad. Hands and yates, don't know. They are probably worse than reed
And who the f**k knows, if the Tigers pursuit of Moses comes off and somehow they get him for 2023, BA will just use the off season to get Jake and Dylbags playing together in the halves for 2023....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's an interesting TPA with the car, although I think cars are allowed under the cap anyway so may not be a TPA, but if it was a TPA, the car company can't really take the car off him if he leaves, as I would say that would be against the 'inducement to play for a particular club' under the TPA rules.
Just a coincidence mate. The economy is looking shaky and we won’t be offering a TPA in the immediate future. We might revisit it for the next financial year, and maybe it’ll go to Dylan Brown instead. All coincidental of course.

Gazzamatta

Coach
One person has said Asi to cowboys in 24. Pretty weak rumour. Asi was without a contract for months. Cows could have easily signed him to a second tier contract for 23.
Playing as hooker off the bench is not what JA needs for his development. He needs a full season in reserves running a team. Even BA stated that.
Who ever is on the bench needs to be able to play hooker. I cant see us getting Simpkin so we have to choose from what we have.
If Rankin is playing Cup in 2023 no way Jake will be "running" the team.