What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Zac Lomax.

You heard it here first. Nothing official yet but we want him.
First was on Thursday when I said Lomax in your prediction thread.
Where will we finish? 5th

If we don’t win it, who will? Roosters

Best player? Moses

Biggest disappointment? Matterson (also biggest f**kwit)

The first rookie to make NRL debut? Mataele

Surprise packet? Doorey

Breakout year? Penisini

Best retention? Moses

The biggest name we let go? Blake

Biggest signing? Zac Lomax

Glenneel

Bench
Why promote a youngster who is not playing well, just because we need to give them experience?

A lot of people cried foul for us doing that with Jakob Arthur.

Creating a strong, successful culture means you promote players when they earn it - if they're not up to it, or don't have the right attitude, you move them on.

The ball is in Hands', and Yates', court - show us what you got, and you'll probably break into the 17.
But how do you get experience when you're not playing in that position? Sounds like both players are playing other positions so we have no backups if both main hookers go down.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lomax is apparently a wanker with a bit of an attitude issue .... maybe BA can sort him out

I think what would be ideal is we get him about rnd 12 and he only costs half price for this year.
I can see it happening as Dragon have

Ravalava, Feagi, Ramsey, Suli,Bird,Sloane,Mbye all to fill the backline. That's players. Add Lomax that's 8. Strong depth.
But the he forward pack is weak and out of balance.

Glenneel

Bench
Zac Lomax.

You heard it here first. Nothing official yet but we want him.
But he wants a $1m a year doesn't he? Too rich for us I'd suggest unless he is willing to reduce his expectations re money and want a chance to play in a much better team. Still has a few brain explosions in him but maybe Waqa's money could go to him in '24 and he'd be a definite upgrade.

Glenneel

Bench
Just because they are young it doesnt mean they are better. Mitch Rein has played a lot of NRL. Yates and Hands just may not have it.
Didn't say they were better just we had no backup hookers outside our 2 main ones. They were bought to the club as hookers but neither getting any dh experience. Both main hookers well in 30s so no long term solution either within our system.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Didn't say they were better just we had no backup hookers outside our 2 main ones. They were bought to the club as hookers but neither getting any dh experience. Both main hookers well in 30s so no long term solution either within our system.

Yates started as a lock. We may not have any in our system, which I beg to differ but the sooks will whinge with the name I bring up, but we can always bring in a hooker from elsewhere.

Avenger

Immortal
All I know is there is genuine interest. That’s all. My issue is he would be a little too expensive. Apparently he is on $750k at the Dragons. Now if the Dragons put in $250k and we opt not to take Simonsson’s option for 2024 (I think it’s a mutual option) and not re-sign Blake it’s doable.

I think he needs to be on a team that will make the semis to progress his career and the Saints cannot give him that.