What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
But how do you get experience when you're not playing in that position? Sounds like both players are playing other positions so we have no backups if both main hookers go down.

That would suggest - at least, to me - that the club doesn't view Yates, or Hands, as strictly hookers.

Brad's gameplans are not heavily hooker-reliant - we just need a tackler, and someone to distribute the ball.

Ray Stone was doing a decent job of it.

If Hodgson goes down, I dare say Jakob will come in as hooker, and Gutherson will run, and pass, more out of dummy-half.

Eelementary

Post Whore
But he wants a $1m a year doesn't he? Too rich for us I'd suggest unless he is willing to reduce his expectations re money and want a chance to play in a much better team. Still has a few brain explosions in him but maybe Waqa's money could go to him in '24 and he'd be a definite upgrade.

He may want $1 million a season to stay at a club that he's not happy at, but would take less to head to greener pastures.

It's like taking a pay cut, to move to a company with a better culture.

I actually don't know anything about the Lomax situation - I'm just spit balling.

lingard

Coach
That would suggest - at least, to me - that the club doesn't view Yates, or Hands, as strictly hookers.

Brad's gameplans are not heavily hooker-reliant - we just need a tackler, and someone to distribute the ball.

Ray Stone was doing a decent job of it.

If Hodgson goes down, I dare say Jakob will come in as hooker, and Gutherson will run, and pass, more out of dummy-half.

I agree. But, why did BA go out and sign one of the most creative and dominant hookers in the game if he doesn't intend to use him that way? Hodgson (at his best) is so good, and so influential on a team's attack, that he practically makes the half-back irrelevant. It will be very interesting to see how Hodgson, Moses and Brown work together. If all three are willing to be flexible it could be a very dynamic combination.

emjaycee

Coach
It's possible the dev contract was tabled because with only 2 spots left in the top 30 roster, the club wanted to stay in the market in case someone with FG experience became/becomes available. Giving Cini (and anyone else) a dev contract means they can turn up to pre-season training, are in the mix after round 10 and can be upgraded if we don't find someone else to fill that spot.

Imagine giving Zack spot number 30 and then Lomax becomes available and we miss out. Don't need to fill all 30 spots this far out from the cut off date and we have 28 already signed.

Disclaimer: This is just my own supposition and has little or no basis in truth and therefore little value in being fact checked.

First was on Thursday when I said Lomax in your prediction thread.
Or maybe it was on Tuesday...

#justsaying

Rocket man

Juniors
I agree. But, why did BA go out and sign one of the most creative and dominant hookers in the game if he doesn't intend to use him that way? Hodgson (at his best) is so good, and so influential on a team's attack, that he practically makes the half-back irrelevant. It will be very interesting to see how Hodgson, Moses and Brown work together. If all three are willing to be flexible it could be a very dynamic combination.
Hodgson is due some luck.
He played less than 50 games in the last 5 seasons. Maybe prolonged his career.

emjaycee

Coach
Hodgson is due some luck.
He played less than 50 games in the last 5 seasons. Maybe prolonged his career.
Or 54 in the last 4 years, depending how you count.

#cuethefactchecker

hindy111

Post Whore
Didn't say they were better just we had no backup hookers outside our 2 main ones. They were bought to the club as hookers but neither getting any dh experience. Both main hookers well in 30s so no long term solution either within our system.

I assume they don't have top 30 spots cause not that good.
I'm sure we will produce a hooker or buy one after this season.

Rocket man

Juniors
Or 54 in the last 4 years, depending how you count.

#cuethefactchecker
Forgot to include 21 season.
Still not a lot of games.

IFR33K

Coach
I'd rather Farnworth than Lomax. I think Herbie's asking price would be a bit lower too. I'm just not completely sold on Lomax being the gun strike centre he's being billed as....

one game I watched him and he must of finished with 5 errors.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Well a mutual option means there is a player option and a club option. So from the club's perspective they can keep him if he wants to leave but they can't get rid of him if he wants to stay.

Nah I'm pretty sure both parties have to agree. If he wants to leave but the club wants him to stay he leaves, if he wants to stay but the club wants him to leave he leaves, if he wants to stay and the club wants him to stay he stays.

What you're describing is a club option and then a player option separately.