What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lingard

Coach
Why wouldn’t JA handle it? He may be able to/may not be able to …..

but to write of a 20 year is a bit premature….He is still eligible for flegg and still has another 2 NRL off-seasons and a full season before Moses leaves…..

He has done ok for his age and has plenty of improvement in him, has already shown some good vision in the nrl (but also some poor stuff too which is expected from a rookie)…..while he aren’t as slow as some suggest…his body shape makes him look slower…..

it was only a year or so ago, some were going “cold” on Drown’s ability to play in the halves…..yet look at his improvement as he reaches 100 plus games…
Well, do you think JA is ready to take on the main role of steering this team around for 80 minutes per game, week in week out for a whole season. I don't. That's all I said.

hindy111

Post Whore
How old is Sanders?

I imagine he is still 3yrs away from NRL.

On Tigers Luke Brooks he is good enough. His next contract will be great for whoever signs as it will be unders.
Being in a weak side with unstable halves combo and hooker. Fullback changing. The good sides have stability in the spine. A lot of other positions are plug and play. Or atleast they don't take years to gel.
Brooks just hasn't had that. We've kept the same spine now for a while. It makes the first half of the year so much easier. The game plans sorted and can work on other things.

Next year the Tiger will have the same 1,6 and 7. Korisau is going to be very good. That forward pack is excellent. If Blore can stay fit he is a terrific player. Stefano will come into his own.
The backline isn't the greatest but can do a job. I think they'll fire and make the finals tbh.

hindy111

Post Whore
Watching Hodgsons highlights over the years he can kick 40/20s, short attacking kicks, incisive dummy half runs, long passes of the deck, 1 on 1 strips. Many more layers to his game the Reed.

He might be good. Hope he is. His talent isn't being questioned. It's his old body and 3 knee recos. And even if he does go well this year he is a short term option. Most likely 2024 we need to look again. Certainly by 2025.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yeah, Hodgson might well kill it for us this year, but he's also just as likely to be one poor injury away from retirement.

If we get two decent years out of him that'll probably be as good as it gets, which means we either are keeping an eye out now for an established replacement, or if we're going down the development path we want that bloke training with the squad now.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How old is Sanders?

On Tigers Luke Brooks he is good enough. His next contract will be great for whoever signs as it will be unders.
Being in a weak side with unstable halves combo and hooker. Fullback changing. The good sides have stability in the spine. A lot of other positions are plug and play. Or atleast they don't take years to gel.
Brooks just hasn't had that. We've kept the same spine now for a while. It makes the first half of the year so much easier. The game plans sorted and can work on other things.

Next year the Tiger will have the same 1,6 and 7. Korisau is going to be very good. That forward pack is excellent. If Blore can stay fit he is a terrific player. Stefano will come into his own.
The backline isn't the greatest but can do a job. I think they'll fire and make the finals tbh.
Too bad they are coached by a merkin who was senile a decade ago. I can’t believe Tommy Shines somehow wormed his way back into the head coaching position. How on earth can you have a bloke who sacked the coach somehow take the reins???

Glenneel

Bench
I agree but also depends on the coaching and more importantly their level of fitness. Generally the better teams have better fitness. They also have made some strange decisions like letting Hastings go and keeping Brooks. Imo Hastings a much better player.

Two biggest improvers this year to be Tigers and Dogs but will either make the 8? I expect the top 8 will be same as last year and all have improved except Panthers who have gone backwards, squad wise, imo and maybe back to the pack while injuries always play a big part.

Cloeel

Juniors
Too bad they are coached by a merkin who was senile a decade ago. I can’t believe Tommy Shines somehow wormed his way back into the head coaching position. How on earth can you have a bloke who sacked the coach somehow take the reins???

Was not a very amicable split last time from memory either.

I am interested to see how Benji goes. Isn't the whole idea that Benji takes over in 2025?

Smart from there board though as its bought them 4-5 years. Even if sheens turns to shit they still have Benji to try and turn it around from 2025 and onwards.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Was not a very amicable split last time from memory either.

I am interested to see how Benji goes. Isn't the whole idea that Benji takes over in 2025?

Smart from there board though as its bought them 4-5 years. Even if sheens turns to shit they still have Benji to try and turn it around from 2025 and onwards.
And what has Bunji done to show he’s a coaching option?? Just being close with the Sheens has gotten him a head coaching gig. Hey he might be a revelation but being Tommy Shines errand boy for two years won’t do it.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
How old is Sanders?

Who do you reckon will miss out for the Tigers to make it? I can't see them being better than Canberra or Manly or even the Dogs. They might not even be better than the Dolphins or St George.

84 Baby

Referee
Hey he might be a revelation but being Tommy Shines errand boy for two years won’t do it.
I reckon it’s the only thing that might. He seems at bit like Barrett, understands the game but struggles to coach it because he wants to be too buddy with the players. No one wants to be buddies with Sheens so maybe that will rub off on Benji.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon it’s the only thing that might. He seems at bit like Barrett, understands the game but struggles to coach it because he wants to be too buddy with the players. No one wants to be buddies with Sheens so maybe that will rub off on Benji.
Hope he can coach better than he hosts TV shows, for the Tigers sake anyway.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Wests tigers are where we were a decade ago a basketcase at board level.

They sack coaches like no tomorrow and how that Pascoe still has the gig as CEO is beyond me.

lingard

Coach
Hodgson can do this. And with the money Drown would be on he can f**ken help too.
Yes, he can if he stays fit. Problem is, we anticipate that the best use of him will be for sixty minutes per game. At least that's my thinking. The question was, should we let Moses go and sign Manu or Sualii at fullback and put JA as fulltime half-back. Well, if Hodgson was in the peak of form and fitness it might work. But currently, I have my doubts. I am one of those who think that Moses is overrated, but I still would prefer to keep the status quo than embark on such a radical experiment that largely hinges on Hodgson remaining fit all year.