What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lingard

Coach
Let's cut Moses loose and throw all that money at Suaalii. We could put Arthur in at half whilst Blaze develops and have Gutherson act as a utility back
Well, firstly, JA is definitely not up to it. Secondly - at this stage of his career - Sualii is way overrated and not up to being a regular first grade fullback.
And thirdly, to get rid of Moses and to shift Gutherson from fullback, is to drastically weaken two crucial positions for the sake of what?

lingard

Coach
Been away for a while. Chiming I’m on the rivalry thing. I wish I enjoyed them more but I have so much hate I can’t enjoy the game till it’s over (and we’ve won).

Teams I absolutely hate, in no particular order:
St George
Raiders
Storm
Broncos
Panthers
Manly
Rabbits
The rest I don’t like, but I’m ambivalent towards.
I hate:
Storm
Cowboys
Titans
I dislike:
Newcastle
Warrors
Broncos
Penrith (at the moment)
I pretty much like all the rest to varying degrees.

lingard

Coach
You think Hodgson is a good signing?
Yes. He is a great signing. It will only be a bad signing if BA tries to play him as an 80 minute hooker, without an adequate
plan for managing his potential for injuries and the need for a decent replacement. We don't SEEM to have sufficient or adequate depth; but we don't know yet. But on the face of it, Hodgson is a brilliant signing.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Does anyone have any updates on Daniel Anderson.

I heard an update from a colleague at work

Not sure if anyone on here has heard what i have been told or if its true or if its just a rumour

yy_cheng

Coach
Also if we think guth and Moses negotiations are bad, imagine Sualli's

Doeuli can kick long and what about lomax, i too reckon he can kick long and is a gk as well.

Someone in our team should be able to practise long kicking together with dyl. Russell? Ja

DaveMc

Juniors
Does anyone have any updates on Daniel Anderson.

I heard an update from a colleague at work

Not sure if anyone on here has heard what i have been told or if its true or if its just a rumour
No, I don’t recall seeing anything beyond the initial reporting, which sounded pretty bloody serious.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well, firstly, JA is definitely not up to it. Secondly - at this stage of his career - Sualii is way overrated and not up to being a regular first grade fullback.
And thirdly, to get rid of Moses and to shift Gutherson from fullback, is to drastically weaken two crucial positions for the sake of what?
Why wouldn’t JA handle it? He may be able to/may not be able to …..

but to write of a 20 year is a bit premature….He is still eligible for flegg and still has another 2 NRL off-seasons and a full season before Moses leaves…..

He has done ok for his age and has plenty of improvement in him, has already shown some good vision in the nrl (but also some poor stuff too which is expected from a rookie)…..while he aren’t as slow as some suggest…his body shape makes him look slower…..

it was only a year or so ago, some were going “cold” on Drown’s ability to play in the halves…..yet look at his improvement as he reaches 100 plus games…

hindy111

Post Whore

but to write of a 20 year is a bit premature….He is still eligible for flegg and still has another 2 NRL off-seasons and a full season before Moses leaves…..

He has done ok for his age and has plenty of improvement in him, has already shown some good vision in the nrl (but also some poor stuff too which is expected from a rookie)…..while he aren’t as slow as some suggest…his body shape makes him look slower…..

it was only a year or so ago, some were going “cold” on Drown’s ability to play in the halves…..yet look at his improvement as he reaches 100 plus games…

We've gone over this 100x He was ordinary. But he is young. He will improve.And continue to improve for the next 4yrs.
In 2021 including me most on here wanted Dylan Brown moved to centre. In 2022 he exploded and we all had egg on faces.

JA doesn't have the athletic ability but he does have a cool head a A+ attitude. This season he will be 20. And probably put in 3-4 kgs.

By 2024 he will play the season at a ripe age of 21. And his body will be much more developed. Id suggest another 3-4kgs. By then he might be ready. He would of added around 7-8kgs of muscle. And sit in the low 90kgs.

You won't see the complete package untill about 2026 when he is 23yrs old.

By that time Sander may of leaped pass him. Same as the other kid Blayze.

End of day he is our junior. We should try and get behind him to succeed. He may flop. If he does so be it.

emjaycee

Coach
We've gone over this 100x He was ordinary. But he is young. He will improve.And continue to improve for the next 4yrs.
In 2021 including me most on here wanted Dylan Brown moved to centre. In 2022 he exploded and we all had egg on faces.

JA doesn't have the athletic ability but he does have a cool head a A+ attitude. This season he will be 20. And probably put in 3-4 kgs.

By 2024 he will play the season at a ripe age of 21. And his body will be much more developed. Id suggest another 3-4kgs. By then he might be ready. He would of added around 7-8kgs of muscle. And sit in the low 90kgs.

You won't see the complete package untill about 2026 when he is 23yrs old.

By that time Sander may of leaped pass him. Same as the other kid Blayze.

End of day he is our junior. We should try and get behind him to succeed. He may flop. If he does so be it.
But but but N.E.P.O.T.I.S M

hindy111

Post Whore
But but but N.E.P.O.T.I.S M

We have a strong 13. That means you have to take short cuts on the bench. You either go with a squad with depth and a slightly weaker starting 13 or strong 13 and less depth.

Then need to compare JA with every other clubs back up from NSW CUP or on the bench. A list would be good.

Pointless people comparing him to million dollar starting play makers. That isn't his role in squad.

Yes W.Smith was better. But I'd say he got a better deal also and why he left. Its hardly like W.Smith was great. And you didn't want him to have much more then 15-20mins a game

Eelogical

Referee

Probably the most publicly flogged NRL player at his age that I can remember.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Townsend is a good example. Wasnt a regular NRL halfback till 23/24yrs old. I reckon similar style to JA.

And it wasn't until he went to a poor club at the warriors that he became a regular starter. Arthur may do the same. Stay in a strong system while he's still learning how to play firsts and then at 23-24 a struggling club will offer him a starting spot. I see he's contracted to the year he turns 22.

Latest posts