What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Swiftstylez

Bench
As I said, Norman is not worth 1 million a year, Cooper Cronk is. I don't care if Cronk would touch us or not but money talks and the offer should be there. You can't do Hayne and Norman anyway, no structure. You can't have Foran leave and not replace like for like.

emjaycee

Coach
As I said, Norman is not worth 1 million a year, Cooper Cronk is. I don't care if Cronk would touch us or not but money talks and the offer should be there. You can't do Hayne and Norman anyway, no structure. You can't have Foran leave and not replace like for like.

Without a doubt, Cronk is a fantastic halfback but IMHO he is manufactured and I think this has been discussed ad nauseum before.

Bellyache doesn't look to improve the player, he looks to improve the "whole" which is why we see individual 'stars' at the Storm do little when they move elsewhere (obviously there are exceptions such as Inglis). To improve the "whole" he identifies roles that each part (player) needs to play and that includes Cronk and he gets them to hone that role until it is second nature to them, but it only works as part of the "whole" which is Melbourne Storm.

Put Cronk somewhere else and I don't think he will be as effective as he is without the players and structures he has around him now.

Swiftstylez

Bench
I see your point with the opposite happening, e.g Cheyse Blair and Ryan Morgan going to the Storm and becoming superstars.. but you could have said the same thing with Foran and Cherry Evans, that they are nothing without the other.

With a foil like Hayne there would be no excuses and definitely a reason to be optimistic. He has been a vital part of the QLD and Storm machine, the storm are still winning games with one of the big three missing. While the other players in their team do help I believe that without the big three they do not shine.

Forty20

First Grade
You can't do Hayne and Norman anyway, no structure. You can't have Foran leave and not replace like for like.

Meh, all the neutral pundits were saying in the pre-season that Norman and Foran would never work together as neither could play halfback. We found a way to make it excel when Foran was mentally and physically good to take to the field. No reason why Hayne and Norman can't be lethal together.

As for Norman, I think the interest from the Dragons is real but my tip is that we should still be able to lock him in.

Swiftstylez

Bench
I'd rather Robson stayed than take up a million of the cap on Norman. Save money for Valentine Holmes when he is off contract next year. If you want a future Hayne that is where the smart money has been for years and you can quote me as saying it before he was a household name.

emjaycee

Coach
I see your point with the opposite happening, e.g Cheyse Blair and Ryan Morgan going to the Storm and becoming superstars.. but you could have said the same thing with Foran and Cherry Evans, that they are nothing without the other.

With a foil like Hayne there would be no excuses and definitely a reason to be optimistic. He has been a vital part of the QLD and Storm machine, the storm are still winning games with one of the big three missing. While the other players in their team do help I believe that without the big three they do not shine.

The Storm are winning games because their forwards are doing the job required and winning the ruck and making metres. There only thing that then matters is what you do with the ball once it has cleared the ruck and that is up to the dummy half and the halves. Fullback might be included in the spine but that doesn't make it a central role in the decision of what to play so missing Slater is less important than missing Smith, Cronk or Green.

Blair and Morgan have been given a role to play and they are playing that to perfection which is why they appear to be better players in the Storm colours then they were elsewhere.

emjaycee

Coach
I'd rather Robson stayed than take up a million of the cap on Norman. Save money for Valentine Holmes when he is off contract next year. If you want a future Hayne that is where the smart money has been for years and you can quote me as saying it before he was a household name.

When exactly did you say it cause HOMES has been used as a HOUSEhold name for hundreds of years.
:D

Swiftstylez

Bench
When exactly did you say it cause HOMES has been used as a HOUSEhold name for hundreds of years.
:D

-_-

This is a trophy winning backsyard on Better Holmes and Gardens for 2018:

1. Holmes
2. Semi
3. Jennings
4. Gutherson/Taka
5. French
6. Hayne
7. Cronk

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He is also a massive liability in defence on the wing, Big Jack always said pick the best 17 players, that means both of them in the 17 with French at 1 and Hayne at 6. Hayne is absolutely massive now he would probably struggle at the back with all the running needed.

So your answer is to put one of our worst defender at FB in our last line of defense ?

I still dont see that as being a logical move.

I agree he should be in the squad like big Jack says, how many tries has Semi scored by playing up the middle. Let French roam around and call for the ball where ever he is, he can do the same. I wouldn't worry too much about the number on his back.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Adam Hawse ‏@AdamHawse
Sure he wasn't here long .. but gee that's harsh
1f609.png

Cm0G1mkUEAUitVZ.jpg

Stevie

Bench
-_-

This is a trophy winning backsyard on Better Holmes and Gardens for 2018:

1. Holmes
2. Semi
3. Jennings
4. Gutherson/Taka
5. French
6. Hayne
7. Cronk

Mate unless you are aware of something we're not, you are dead set living in fairy land. Write team lists all you want Cronk is not coming here. Not is Valentine Holmes to my knowledge.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
And why does he have a beard?
Mate unless you are aware of something we're not, you are dead set living in fairy land. Write team lists all you want Cronk is not coming here. Not is Valentine Holmes to my knowledge.

I've also heard that Better Homes and Gardens is finishing up at the end of year as well.

Gee are we pinning all our hopes on signing someone again? remember when we were signing Cronk last time he was off contract? then what happened when he resigned with the Storm we ended up paying way overs for Sandow.
Cronk is the sort of person who isn't rushed into decisions and if we sit back and wait and he stays in melbourne ( which he will ) then who else is left on the market by then and does their price increase because there is less halfs avaible?
Yeah go after Cronk and if we get him great, but keep Robson incase we don't, that way Hayne can start at 5/8 with Norman and if that doesn't work, bring in Robson to 7, Norman 6 and Hayne back to Fullback.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
I'm very concerned that the next headline will be BA quits, as many on here think it's on the cards, I can't say I would blame him.