What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
My point is we saw potential in Hollis but didn't in Oka....
Shit like that happens all the time. Did you ever even lay eyes on him when he was that age? He might have been a tall scrawny teenager who kept dropping the ball in the trial. Do you know what his attitude was like back then? And why wouldn't we see potential in Hollis? His physical size and genetics mean he was worth a look.

Tooooks

Bench
Maybe Oka was lazy. Maybe he had a shit attitude. Maybe he just wasn’t a standout when he was younger. If his potential was plain to see, you’d think we’d have kept him. You’d hope so, anyway.

hindy111

Post Whore
Shit like that happens all the time. Did you ever even lay eyes on him when he was that age? He might have been a tall scrawny teenager who kept dropping the ball in the trial. And why wouldn't we see potential in Hollis? His physical size and genetics mean he was worth a look.

I think whoever is spotting juniors in our club is poor tbh. I don't understand how we can't develop anything good in the 1-5 position.
Dragons are a poor club. But still have produced Lomax,Ramsey,Feagi x 2 , Ravalava, Sloan, Saab, in the last 5 seasons. That's 7 NRL backs.
In the sametime we've produced
Penisni,Haze, Russel. That's 1 x genuine NRL player and 2 x potential. I find it an issue somewhere in the set up.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I think whoever is spotting juniors in our club is poor tbh. I don't understand how we can't develop anything good in the 1-5 position.
Dragons are a poor club. But still have produced Lomax,Ramsey,Feagi x 2 , Ravalava, Sloan, Saab, in the last 5 seasons. That's 7 NRL backs.
In the sametime we've produced
Penisni,Haze, Russel. That's 1 x genuine NRL player and 2 x potential. I find it an issue somewhere in the set up.
We've definitely been poor in the past. But we've discussed that to absolute death. And your little birds reckon things are on the improve. We beat your Panthers in top 3 grades on the weekend.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yep. Gutherson is one of the safest fullbacks I've seen.

I love how he plays - I love knowing that if a break is made against us, we have a fullback that can save the day for us.

Sure, he's not lightning quick, or super strong - but he's a damn fine player, and performs very well every week at fullback.

I'm amazed that we are even contemplating moving him from fullback.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Here is another young gun front rower that we should be looking at. Zyon Maiuu from the Warriors. The Knights are trying to nab him on a loan. We should get in and try to take him instead. He is a gun. This is the type of player we should be after to bolster our depth. Cheap as chips and ready to rumble. What is wrong with our recruitment.

Lets chase a fullback instead. Wacko sh*t at its best.

I do agree with you, Rammy - I would have thought that bolstering our pack would be a priority over getting a fullback, especially when we already have a damn good fullback.

Frank Burge

Juniors
It would be great for us to sign an established front row but whoever comes knows they are playing bench with the 2 we have , unless we find a diamond in the rough like Papali’i or someone at the end of their career like Marty , then it’s probably better to develop a junior and go for the game breaking centre/back. But would have to be Manu or RTS level to contemplate shuffling Gutho in and out of fullback.

Latest posts