What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
That would be an interesting scenario. The club invested heavily in Guth and chased Bev out of the club as a result. Bev was another frozen out by BA. Cant see BA supporting a Bev return.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors

eels_fan

First Grade
Gus on 100% Footy said that the media has it backwards.

Gutho approached the club and said he thinks we need further x-factor and contingency behind him at 1. Said he was happy to give up his position if the club could secure someone they thought was better for the fullback role and he’d shift to centre.

that makes more sense tbh. And proves the testament of Gutho as a leader at our club

Chipmunk

Coach
Gus didnt say he knew what happened. He actually doesn't know this is how it happens, he just suspects that's actually what would've happened

jason taylor

Bench
That's 50 cents more than I'm worth as a NRL player. Bevan has the X factor....and I think he isd a better player now that he was when he was just a kid in the NRL...handy 14 imo..
I believe Bevan has been relegated to the wing at Wigan - can’t even make it as a fullback in Super League.

Fun fact - Jai Field is currently Wigan’s fullback.

Glenneel

Bench
Nothing in the original story suggested we're looking to replace Gutherson at fullback - just that we're chasing someone who's position (or one of them?) is fullback, and it was a courtesy to talk to Gutho first to reassure him.

Gutho is quoted as giving his blessing, so it will just be someone who might come on from 14 and provide "x factor" (which we presume is an extra attacking dimension/prong) during part of a game, which might need Gutherson to get closer to the action in another position (e.g. centre - though possibly maybe halves/dummy half?).

If everyone settles down, this is likely only a positive move - to fill our top 30 (which is still 3 short) and use $500K of our cap money wisely for the second half of the season. As Gutho seems to have said, anything that helps the club be (more) competitive in that back end of the season, the better!
Rumour is that Waqa will not be re-signed (huge cheering from assembled crowd) and we're looking for x factor fb or centre. That'll give us Blake's money (rumoured about $500k) plus any more left over from kitty if need more for fb position.

Glenneel

Bench
They were wasted years - and alarm bells rang when Hayne had a sook upon his return, and initially signed with the Gold Coast. We should have left him there, set us back quite a while.

I don't think Manly are seriously competitive - they've only hit the final four once in the past 9 seasons - same as us, but at least ours was last year and (in theory) we should still be on the up.
We've been top 4 twice, last year and 2017 when we came 3rd I think. And were seriously robbed a win in first finals game against Storm.

Glenneel

Bench
Back on topic, my absolute number 1 target would be Manu. No Origin commitments, great ball player/ creator, amazingly powerful ball runner/ finisher.
No a dickhead and wants to play fullback. Hard to drag away anyone from Roosters but it could be a huge carrot to play fullback for a top club (plus pay him more).
No one else tickles my fancy but he would change our side dramatically for the better imo.
Apparently we're looking for speed and besides a fb/centre I think we need speed on the flanks. 2 wingers come to mind are Kariz at Dogs and Kahn-Pereira at Tits. Both have speed to burn but my choice would be Kariz who also has a high work rate.

yy_cheng

Coach
Brad and guth was discussing the future

He said he just want to win games and do anything. Brad said they wont do it to do it unless its the right person. No talks to anyone just yet.
He thinks he's in his prime and fb is where he wants to play

Hasnt spoken to anyone in the club so who leaked it

yy_cheng

Coach
I have a feeling you guys will be after Turuva or Chester!
I thought about turuva. He's not going to get a chance behind dyl. He won't be expensive and he's lightning with heart.

He can take bombs as well. That was his job interview last Thursday

Behind our offloads, he'll kill it if he just sniffs around. He was great in the world cup too and could start as a 14 and shift guth during the game.

Then the rest of the money goes to a big boppa

is he signed bp?

Latest posts