What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
It’s clear that we need a fullback an X factor. Fullback position has gone past Gutho now and he should be transitioned elsewhere.

If we can’t find an X factor fullback and I mean Reece Walsh class, then I’d be giving Dylan Brown a go in the off season to see how he copes. There’s a lot to learn obviously but I believe he could make that switch he’d be dynamic with all that room.

As for Gutho, 5/8 or 3/4.

The thing is how many dynamic fullbacks are there?
Edwards is hardly dynamic. Ponga, Walsh and Papa are the only real 3. Teddy and Turbo seem done.
Many is they guy I'd love but we wouldn't ever get him

JokerEel

Coach
The biggest issue with our recruitment and retention comes down to the make up of the people in charge of doing the job.

I suspect our current recruitment and retention committees group philosophy is flawed in what NRL players we should be recruiting and how we're going about actually currently recruiting players.

Apparently the four people on the recruitment and retention committee are the Chairman, CEO, Head of Football and Head Coach. 50% of the make up of that committee know as much about the recruitment and retention of NRL footballers as Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse. The other 50% are mandatory and probably know what it is needed. No offence to the first position listed, but in our clubs case, this person should be no where near the decision making process of which players play rugby league at the club. Every single person on this forum is just as qualified as that person to the do that job, and most would agree none of us should be on the committee. I'd probably replace him with the position that Nathan Brown currently occupies, as I believe it is his role to know what is coming through in future years. The CEO should only be there to make sure the other three aren't doing anything wrong.

Lets just blame this guy!

hindy111

Post Whore
Given that it's unlikely we could land someone like Papenshnauser, what about Nick Meaney? He might be a realistic target.

Guthersons been our best player this season. Last year I would of agreed but right now he is the least of our issues.

Squads not bad if all fit. What I'd like is a big strong powerfull winger and another strike centre who can help do the tough carries. A better hooker would be next but hard to find. Not like we don't know our hookers suck ( no pun intended ) problem is lack of quality out there.

JokerEel

Coach
The thing is how many dynamic fullbacks are there?
Edwards is hardly dynamic. Ponga, Walsh and Papa are the only real 3. Teddy and Turbo seem done.
Many is they guy I'd love but we wouldn't ever get him

Many?

Edwards and the Panthers are a different team due to their great defense if they are leaking 20 points per game they would need a more dynamic fullback who can create points.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Guthersons been our best player this season. Last year I would of agreed but right now he is the least of our issues.

Squads not bad if all fit. What I'd like is a big strong powerfull winger and another strike centre who can help do the tough carries. A better hooker would be next but hard to find. Not like we don't know our hookers suck ( no pun intended ) problem is lack of quality out there.
Brisbane’s Corey Paix seems out of favour at the moment and might be worth inquiring about. Last season I was genuinely hoping we’d land Verrills. Definitely has some injury concerns but I think he’d have been a great addition.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I love the design of the Tigers COE, which includes spectator seating around it. Looks so inviting and classy. I hope ours is going to be something like that. From memory the renders that they released the design looked like something from the 80's and pretty ugly if I'm being honest. I hope that that isn't what they are actually going with.
We want our team like the 80’s not our COE ffs!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Brisbane’s Corey Paix seems out of favour at the moment and might be worth inquiring about. Last season I was genuinely hoping we’d land Verrills. Definitely has some injury concerns but I think he’d have been a great addition.
Is Paix injured?? I’m surprised he’s not at least on the Donkeys bench he always seems to make a difference when he comes on.

JokerEel

Coach
We blew most of that money on Dross like Offa, Lussick and Davey. Talk about a waste it’s spending for the sake of it.

I would love to know what we are giving Lussick... He is decent but not great..

I would have just Left Hands in the 9 and used Asi at 14 Saved the money or front end some deals.

Same with Davey promote Moretti save money...

Offa I still think he can be decent on the bench with Greig as or front row rotation.. Lets see how he goes at 13 tomorrow He definitely should only play short stints 20 minutes at most.

JokerEel

Coach
In hindsight we made a few poor mid season recruits trying to save our season.

yep like I've said before we are a reactive side.. If we were proactive, we would have signed up Ice before he went on the market.

We would have had a backup plan for Hooker when we negotiating with Reed.

Latest posts