What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Kilkenny

Coach
I was right across the road at the uni this weekend!
I’m not overly familiar with Perth but funny you say that because as we drove away from the restaurant I said to my son in law is that a University. Obviously the one you were at, the only one I guess.

Was there something on?

In all my our trips over your neck of the woods this past six years first time eating drinking in Crawley. Lovely high end restaurant, special occasion but don’t think we will be back any time soon a little over our normal spend.

Royal Perth Yacht Club next door, looking at there menu and prices I don’t see us dining there anytime soon.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Just creeping around pinching stuff
Pinching intellectual property I can go with that.

wife and I get back home Wednesday for our home game against you guys.

kind of think it is a no contest but on the other side maybe your boys could lift for @ one off battle of the west so to speak.

Shame the way this season has gone for your team, I must say I have been delighted to see how well J’Maine Hopgood has performed. I was so pissed off when you guys picked him up for pittance anyone who watched him come thru our system could see what a talent he was. Our loss your gain.

Thursday night, Battle of the West, I think we will get the job done but I expect you guys will turn up for pride if nothing else.

Last edited:
Sooooo, what does everyone think of Josh Hodgsons recruitment this season?

Pass or fail???
Absolute dud.

Played 12 games, win rate 41.67%.

Average mins/game = 56mins
First 6 games before bye, played: 84m, 80m, 80m, then 50m, 50m, 52m (average 65min)
Final 6 games after bye, played: 31m, 45m, 56m, 53m, 54m, 31m (average 45min)

Average tackles/game = 27.8
Average missed tackles/game = 3.1
Average line breaks/game = 0.8
Average line break assists/game = 1.3

Kilkenny

Coach
He's gone better than I expected. Makes you wonder how he couldn't even get a run on the bench at Penrith.
He was playing the Isaiah Yeo role.

I think all of us saw the talent, the offloads, the heart, big minutes, but his position was the same occupied by Yeo.

It is what it is, I wish we could have kept him, but I am happy for the kid.

He has been terrific this season and as I say he should be awarded the obvious, your best player this season in 5he awards night.

Avenger

Immortal
Yeah, Aussies have a real problem with tipping.

I don't get the issue, tbh.
Giving someone 22% tip is outrageous. Especially when they expect it for just doing something rudimentary. I’m happy to round up when I’m back home but these pricks even have the tipping percentages listed when you tap. They are a nation that will eventually implode. You can feel it.

Everyone should have a look, it’s fascinating at first but eventually it wears you down like BA’s coaching.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We have some youngsters outside the top 30 that we are able to upgrade, and having so few already in the top 30 gives us room to do so.

Officially (i.e. without TCT's inside info), Cini is in the development list next year, along with utility backs Talagi and Kalache: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/01/01...ings-news-details-contracts-signings-updates/
Yeah what a brilliant spot to be in, absolute no back line depth whatsoever and only a bunch of untested rookies to promote into the top 30 because we have no cap space.

The club is right no matter what @Incorrect

King-Gutho94

Coach
Giving someone 22% tip is outrageous. Especially when they expect it for just doing something rudimentary. I’m happy to round up when I’m back home but these pricks even have the tipping percentages listed when you tap. They are a nation that will eventually implode. You can feel it.

Everyone should have a look, it’s fascinating at first but eventually it wears you down like BA’s coaching.
Yep Canada was the same as the USA.

Though the minimum there is 15%.

After a couple of weeks you get jack of it.

You almost have to do take-a-away once a day at the backend of your trip as it's cheaper and not having to tip.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Gotta love the Biden economy.

Pazza

First Grade
Yeah what a brilliant spot to be in, absolute no back line depth whatsoever and only a bunch of untested rookies to promote into the top 30 because we have no cap space.

The club is right no matter what @Incorrect

Who are these rookies???? Mumamia is playing centres in nsw cup and surely we can't be talking about R Penisini and Blackburn, they've hardly played flegg. Komolaffe is an interesting one, the club has elected to use RM players in cup over him all season.

AMS?? They got to give him some exp on the wing in cup. Cause at this stage I think they'd rather use Russell at 1 if gutho goes down.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who are these rookies???? Mumamia is playing centres in nsw cup and surely we can't be talking about R Penisini and Blackburn, they've hardly played flegg. Komolaffe is an interesting one, the club has elected to use RM players in cup over him all season.

AMS?? They got to give him some exp on the wing in cup. Cause at this stage I think they'd rather use Russell at 1 if gutho goes down.
I mean even TCT are saying how poor our outside back stocks are, but not Captain Pou he’s always happy to go down with the sinking ship. He was the last man off the SS Kearney.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Team is currently in 11th and not playing finals but somehow what the club has done this year is fine by Pou..
Pou no matter what

This Is Fine GIF

Latest posts