What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Corey Oats has been linked to another club? What are the chances?
I also heard that Souths are talking to Emu even though The 60s Guy reckons hes signed till 2026.

Chipmunk

Coach
I tip all the time, unless the service is really poor. Service personnel aren't generally paid all that great, and tips make it worthwhile. Mind you I'm opposed to the idea of it being mandatory or expected, that defeats the whole point.

I really dislike the idea of paying people complete shit money on the expectation that they'll be tipped, that for mine is just the business pretending the true cost of the service is cheaper than it is.

Yeah, I find it hard to see how a bar could go broke in the USA. The price of alcohol is ridiculously cheap and your customers are the ones who are virtually paying for all your staff.

I can understand the concept of staff living off primarily tips in purely tourist places in the developing world like Thailand or Bali, etc., but it seems like bullshit how it operates in a first world country like the USA.

TheRam

Coach
I just want to know the full price of whatever I'm buying or service up front. That way I know if I can afford it or not and I don't like being in a position of having to guess what the real price is and then either ripping myself off by paying to much or to little and being put in a position where I am the one seen as the pri*k that isn't holding his end of the bargain up and not paying the wagers of the employee, while the real culprit is the actual employer who gets off Scot-free.

hindy111

Post Whore
I hate it because I don't want to pay too much, or be seen as a deadshit for paying too little. Just tell me how much it f**king costs. Like merkins overseas who want to barter. They tell you the price, you decide it's too expensive and start walking, and so the merkins offer a 30% discount. Get f**ked ffs

I feel like that's part of the fun. I used to love going to the markets and playing chicken when someone would see what they could get a box of tomatoes for. I was only a kid but I feel like it's helped me working for myself knowing when to call someone's bluff.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It doesn't say he had a drink but just he was there...
Yeah like I said headline grabber there are no photos of him actually drinking in the article.

But optics aren't great after what happened mid-season.

Dylan will be watched like a hawk for the next little bit until the attention wears off.

JokerEel

Coach

jason taylor

Bench
Linked to the Knights wants more that the 450-500k a season...

If it wasn’t for the injuries he’s had over the last few seasons, I’d sign him up, even for $500k.

Justin Olam is reportedly out of favour at the Storm. He’d be worth a look at.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Linked to the Knights wants more that the 450-500k a season...

Oates is one of those wingers who can give you 200m per game, and obviously wants to be paid for it. But the Broncos don't need that from him due to all the other backline stars they have, so they don't want to pay for it. They need a winger for no more than $500k for their top 17 next year. A winger worth $700k is surplus to requirements (unless they can get him to take $500k).

gaffer

Juniors
As stated on the tct podcast our top 30 contracted outside backs for 2024 consist of sivo, penisini, Russell, simonson, dunster and cini. That is such a bad spot to be in.
we used to employ sliding defence once didn't we? Is it because we have sloths in the middle that have no lateral movement in defence that they have started to use the up and in defence that other teams love playing against us Needs a different approach by the coaching staff

hindy111

Post Whore
Oates is one of those wingers who can give you 200m per game, and obviously wants to be paid for it. But the Broncos don't need that from him due to all the other backline stars they have, so they don't want to pay for it. They need a winger for no more than $500k for their top 17 next year. A winger worth $700k is surplus to requirements (unless they can get him to take $500k).

Oates 700k?
350k tops. Has been

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As stated on the tct podcast our top 30 contracted outside backs for 2024 consist of sivo, penisini, Russell, simonson, dunster and cini. That is such a bad spot to be in.
We have some youngsters outside the top 30 that we are able to upgrade, and having so few already in the top 30 gives us room to do so.

Officially (i.e. without TCT's inside info), Cini is in the development list next year, along with utility backs Talagi and Kalache: https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/01/01...ings-news-details-contracts-signings-updates/