What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well our social media team have been on fire recently.

Took them 3 cracks to get Kelma Tualgi photoshoped correctly.

Why not stuff up the press release again with the wrong amount of years on the contract.
Pathetic at every level, it’s what you expect I suppose when you are a small club with no money or resources.

Avenger

Immortal
I love the signing of Harper.
It puts pressure on Simmonson (which everyone wants) and it gives us a 50 game player in the event of injury or suspension to an outside back.

Last year our left side centres were:
- Simmonson (15 games)
- Blake (5 games)
- Russel (3 games)
- Asi (1 game).

Harper is easily better than Blake, Russel and Asi in the centres.
Nice try Pou.

JokerEel

Coach
This club is an absolute embarrassment, face it people we aren’t winning a comp in any of our life times. And people try and tell me the people are running the club are doing all they can for the team to win a comp.

Can’t wait to see Pou’s spin on this one.

Seriously no one thinks this is a good signing how the f**k does anyone that is actually paid to make these decisions think it's a good idea is beyond me...

Parra Pride

Referee
Well I have seen some dark days in my 24 years of following this club.
3 x Grand final losses
2005 prelim
Salary cap dramas
Wooden spoons
50 or 60 point floggings

But October 16, 2023 the day we signed absolute puss in Morgan Harper joins the list of debacles this club has had this century.
Same boat here, it's all very exciting!

Stevie

Bench
Well our social media team have been on fire recently.

Took them 3 cracks to get Kelma Tualgi photoshoped correctly.

Why not stuff up the press release again with the wrong amount of years on the contract.
Everyone giving me shit but 100% I swear it was 2025 two year contract. That’s what got me upset.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I love the signing of Harper.
It puts pressure on Simmonson (which everyone wants) and it gives us a 50 game player in the event of injury or suspension to an outside back.

Last year our left side centres were:
- Simmonson (15 games)
- Blake (5 games)
- Russel (3 games)
- Asi (1 game).

Harper is easily better than Blake, Russel and Asi in the centres.
I
talakai loves it too…

hes hanging out for the draw as we speak because he knows he can have picnic out there

Eelementary

Post Whore
Pretty disrespectful to Daniel Mortimer claiming he didn't deserve a premiership.

He was part of 2 sides that made a GF and played a crucial role in getting an average side there. Things didnt pan out afterwards. But gee he certainly made more of a contribution to a Premiership then some other players i have seen.

And if i my memory serves me correct he still loves Parra and supports more then the Chooks. He was right behind us for the GF last year.

Imo, an under-rated player.

He was great in 2009, and was a solid player at the Chooks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Panthers got Alamoti while we got Morgan Harper

But, he's depth!

That's my main issue here - the threepeat champions, with a production line as long as the Parramatta River, sign a young fella with huge potential as depth/backup.

We sign a guy who has played 50 games, and has no higher ceiling to reach.

Where is the discrepancy here, I wonder?

Which club is showing a successful, ruthless, savvy side?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There is no benefit to the club to announce depth signings.
Blinking Super Hero GIF by SuperVictor

Delboy

First Grade
Again, he’s probably a back up centre as the current back ups are poor. The question is and should be, there has been a need for at least one elite , speedy back for a couple of years, so what the heck is recruitment doing.
Understand the coach indicated one signing he wanted but apparently the committee didn’t want to meet the asking price.
As they say they asked a committee to design a perfect horse and they returned with a camel.
Is the committee system a hindrance, does the club have anyone that can sell the club to players. What are the KPIs for the recruitment team, as Harper doesn’t improve the club by any measure.
It’s been said before, there’s a disconnect between needs and what gets delivered.
seems like it’s time the NRL recruitment stepped up to be as good as the junior recruitment currently is.