What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

I have a theory that most of the hype around tracey is by people who confuse him with Connor Watson
Or Sarah Connor

reimagining emilia clarke GIF

We need to sit back let the dust settle and pounce on players whilst letting some of our own go. At least 3 or 4 of our juniors will make it and a couple will be potential superstars. Don’t need to block their progression because there is a guy like Tracey looking for a 3 year deal.

I hope you’re right

T.S Quint

Coach
I’m clearly in the minority in thinking the Dogs are a very healthy top 8 next year. I just can’t see how they can’t be. I bloody hope they don’t make the 8 but think they’ll go very well as they just have plenty of good players.

I hope they come dead last again. Been too long since the last time they did (three years, right?).

They have a lot of ok players. A couple of good players. Not many 'very good' players. Some plodders thrown in there as well.

Their spine is weak. Their forward pack would be considered inconsistent at best, and they have a heap of players who don't really have a 'best' position. I don't think they will come last (unfortunately), but I also don't think they will play any Finals next year.

It's going to be f**king excruciating when they beat us in round 1 next season.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lol...

You watch, by late February, everyone will be reading comments from coaches and players about how good Harper is going and everyone will be changing their opinions on him and hyping him up......until full time round 1....

It's what we eels supporters do...
Well the standards of this club are pretty low, it wouldn’t take much for most of the fanbase to be won over. Running on the field and not tripping over is seen as a positive.

TheRam

Coach
Maybe. I wouldn't write them off. But at the sametime if it went pear shaped the squad could take a while to recover.

You are right Hindy, all teams should be judged on their front rowers and halves and the Dogs are very sus in both these areas.

Bottom 8 for mine unless a revelation front rower emerges from nowhere somehow. Very unlikely.

I don't think they can afford AFB and even if they could would he go there? The Dogs would have to pay me a record amount for a prop and lets not forget he is already reportedly the highest paid FR in the competition on over $1m. But I suppose the Dragons and Tigers aren't a much better option either.

If I were him I would be looking at teams like the Dolphins or Cowboys or even the Titans over any Sydney clubs that can afford him.

Fonua-Blake is one of the best forwards in the NRL and was named prop in the 2023 Dally M Team of the Year alongside Payne Haas. The 27-year-old was the highest-paid prop in the competition this year on a deal worth more than $1 million a season. 3 Nov 2023

TheRam

Coach
It's not a great squad overall, plenty of 6 out of 10 type players with Crighton and Burton thrown in as potential match winners but they don't produce it often enough...

In saying all of that, wouldn't be surprised to see an ambush at Parra Stadium in Round 1.... We'll be $1.20 favourites... Hopefully we turn up with the right attitude....

Attitude is the only thing that could beat us in round one of 2024. Which I'm sorry to say is so unpredictable still in 2024 under this coach.

If we played to our full potential and strength, we should put over 30+ on them. Seriously they are a disjointed rubble next to our seasoned, established, quality and experienced roster. In the fair dinkum department if the Dogs score more then 10 points We didn't play well in defense again. Which is a very telling sign from where I sit.

We will see.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Attitude is the only thing that could beat us in round one of 2024. Which I'm sorry to say is so unpredictable still in 2024 under this coach.

If we played to our full potential and strength, we should put over 30+ on them. Seriously they are a disjointed rubble next to our seasoned, established, quality and experienced roster. In the fair dinkum department if the Dogs score more then 10 points We didn't play well in defense again. Which is a very telling sign from where I sit.

We will see.
It would have to be a low scoring slugfest if they ambushed us.

I cant see them scoring 20+ points and beating us in a shoot out. They are averaging 1 try per game against us at Commbank since the new stadium opened.

No one knows who is going to be playing where for them atm let alone build combinations. They have about 5 plodding halfbacks and 15 utilities who dont have a position they excel but are plugging holes.

TheRam

Coach
It would have to be a low scoring slugfest if they ambushed us.

I cant see them scoring 20+ points and beating us in a shoot out. They are averaging 1 try per game against us at Commbank since the new stadium opened.

No one knows who is going to be playing where for them atm let alone build combinations. They have about 5 plodding halfbacks and 15 utilities who dont have a position they excel but are plugging holes.

Like I said, if we don't put a score on them then we simply didn't have the right attitude again. Sure they might put their arms up for the first 10 mins or so, but if we are the team that we should be then we should go through them like grease through a goose the longer the game goes on.

We need to have a killer instinct and play for the full 80 mins next season or again nothing has changed. Teams keep hanging in there against us because they know that generally we don't hang in there and can often just clock off once we think the game is in the bag or we start really slowly and then wake up and start to play when we realise the game is starting to go past us. We are so unpredictable that we are Buckley's to ever win it unless this attitude bullsh*t changes and it all starts with defense first.

This is what we need to watch from the opening whistle next season. Has our defense been sorted and are the boys actually connected all the time with the right attitude. Anything else is simply not good enough.

We need to take the fight out of teams and the only way you do that is with how they see and perceive your attitude as a team and at the moment they see ours as sucking and we can be gotten over if they just keep plugging away at us. That really needs to change next season or same old same old.

It starts from the opening round, especially since we have such a diabolical draw again next season.

We have the roster. No excuses.

Which is why they'll probably tear us a new one.

If no-one knows who is playing where for them, can you imagine our defensive "strategists" coming up with a plan to negate the possibilities, when we struggle to do that if the opposition middles show any sort of starch against our guys?

TheRam

Coach
everyone knows the first month is always a lottery.

Only if this team displays the same attitude as most other seasons. The roster on an individual basis is good enough to win it if the right coach and game plans were implemented. Sadly we have a Potato Head that only knows one way and it is getting very tyring as the boys are getting older and more weathered.

Lotteries are for loses that can't do it for them selves. The Panthers will be at least 3 from 4 at the one month mark of that I can almost guarantee it if not 4 from 4, barring major injuries. They don't play the lottery.

Glenneel

Bench
Looks like Connor Treacy heading to Bulldogs.

Player swap with Michael Gabrael. Sorry I don’t have the story. It’s behind a paywall.
Maybe noise getting louder that JAC is leaving. Que Parra (hopefully). Surely Dogs salary cap must have burst by now. Btw is Ciraldo trying new approach, fill the team with utilities and hope for the best?