What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
You should because 2024 you'll be rubbish anyhows even with Luai. Build for 2025
I reckon with Luai we would challenge for the 8 next year but not without Klemmer. Its not worth losing Klemmer and Galvin for that year.

Firstly, the report about the player swap was from the Mole so its most likely 90% BS, but if it is real and Penrith have made that offer, it is more likely that it means Luais shoulder is worse than expected and they would like Tigers to carry the rehab.

After many years of Brooks and a year of Brooks / Wakeham, it is a nice feeling to worry about who out of Sezer, Sullivan, Fainu, Galvin, Large would potentially pushed out for a current SoO half. If we dont screw things up we should have very good halves available for the future.

We will screw it up.

GrayGirrafe1140

Juniors
signings are coming very soon.

just to tag alone to what everyone else seems to be saying at the moment.
He'd backflip? How long are Moses/Brown signed for?
I'm by no means confident he will backflip at all, just saying the length of the deal with the raiders also having Strange long term is interesting. I do believe he will leave the Eels though, just a possibility considering the extremely faint whispers going around of a potential Brown to fullback move in the future.

GrayGirrafe1140

Juniors
let’s just say he’s making less noise about reed than he was in match this year, than again he blames reeds form on the dog shit middles they have.
I'm not a huge fan of Reed and never have been but that is extremely fair to blame his form on the pack he has. At Parra he always struggled defensively, but sat between 2 big boys at all times who would protect him. Even in attack when he would hold the ball too long and put players in poor positions, he had the luxury of quality to hide those slight mistakes that go unseen when in a good team. His best attributes were his creativeness especially near the try line to set up forwards outside another with a short cut-out and also his brilliant long passes. He's a quality player in a good team but to me that isn't worth a large price tag like the Dogs Paid. The point that frustrates me the most about the situation of Reed leaving was when we were approached by multiple Agents looking to have their players replace Reed. The notable were Api (too much coin, so not really fussed about this one), Sam Verrills and Reece Robson. Robson was unwanted at the time by the cows until his huge 22 season and Verrills could have been very cheap after the injuries hes had and the convenience of staying in Sydney and going to a club that was in a very good position at the time.

GrayGirrafe1140

Juniors
Would Dogs release Burns. I don't mind him.
I believe I saw a bit of a leak today that he may be included in the Rabbitohs NSW cup contracted players list? Interesting that theres no announcement of his departure. Then again in wiki earlier today was saying he is going to be at Castleford.

Just re-checked the wiki, which now has him down at the bunnies next season.

GrayGirrafe1140

Juniors
What’s your story Mr Giraffe. How do you know this stuff?
well if you are referring the information I put above about the hookers situation, it was reported in the media in the days after Reeds decision to sign with the Dogs. I know a little more than what wa reported but ultimately it was decided that Hodgson was the man to go for at around $500k for 2 years. We had the option for the other 2 for cheaper. To be fair, hindsight is beautiful when discussing Verrills and Robson now.

hindy111

Post Whore
What do people think Mahoney is worth?
I'd imagine Harry Grant is on 850k mark.
I would say Rheed is probably worth 450-550k form pending. 650k is overs but I don't feel like it's terrible overs. It isn't like he is a 200k hooker. He is still quality.

strider

Post Whore
What do people think Mahoney is worth?
I'd imagine Harry Grant is on 850k mark.
I would say Rheed is probably worth 450-550k form pending. 650k is overs but I don't feel like it's terrible overs. It isn't like he is a 200k hooker. He is still quality.
agree

Incorrect

Coach
I'd sign Robson, like I said earlier, but in no way am I asserting he is better than Mahoney. But I would contend that you could sign him for ~250-300 and get a player on the same upward path as Mahoney.

Has shown good footy instincts and footy nous from what I've seen.
@GrayGirrafe1140 - not all necessarily hindsight Re Robson.... I posted the above on 26 November 2021 in this very thread... I feel like I'm approaching @hindy111 levels of insight and eye for talent if I'm being honest.... Probably a Mr 65-70% at the moment....

Latest posts