What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah, I mean you see it at NFL, too - just not so much LB, and RB, is all.
There’s some mirroring of the roles. They’re both backs and usually the line generates gaps for them to break through. But yeah this is likely simply there aren’t enough good players in the Queensland high school gridiron comp so he’s forced to play offence and defence in whichever roles suit him in either side

Gazzamatta

Coach
yeah he walked out on us but there were mitigating circumstances and he did have to serve his due at St Helens.

I know I'm going back here and I'm showing my age but Bob Lindner really f**ked us over...he used the old 'homesick' excuse only to end up at Campbeltown 2 years later.

last i checked it was no where near Brisbane.
I remember one game where he was magnificent as an Eel. Well 40 mins actually. Canberra had us down 20 or 22 nil at home at H/T. The crowd actually booed the players from the field. (Dont tell Gronky ffs)
We fans reckon Lindner peeled off his Eels jumper in the sheds, put his Qld jumper on then pulled his Eels jumper over the top for the second half.
Both he and Sterlo were magnificent for a truly wonderful Eels comeback victory. Other than that game I remember him being meh!

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

I remember one game where he was magnificent as an Eel. Well 40 mins actually. Canberra had us down 20 or 22 nil at home at H/T. The crowd actually booed the players from the field. (Dont tell Gronky ffs)
We fans reckon Lindner peeled off his Eels jumper in the sheds, put his Qld jumper on then pulled his Eels jumper over the top for the second half.
Both he and Sterlo were magnificent for a truly wonderful Eels comeback victory. Other than that game I remember him being meh!
I remember being at that game as a kid. Maybe 9 or 10? Might account for my unrealistic optimism as an adult.

TheRam

Coach
You might (or might not) be a decent bloke in 'real life', but your behaviour on this forum reminds me so much of a girl in my class at primary school. She would target a particular person and go about trying to influence other people to dislike them. Sometimes she'd make up rumours about them, sometimes she'd distort, twist, or deliberately misinterpret what they said and use it as ammunition. There was no social media back then, of course, so no memes or gifs (she would have loved them) so she relied on a roll of the eyes or a snide comment here and there. But she was relentless. Just talked about her target all day long, to whoever was silly enough to listen. By this method she would gradually draft some of the non-thinking kids into disliking her target. And anyone who defended the target, or pointed out that what she was doing was very primitive psychological behaviour, became a secondary target. After a while, when it finally became so boring, or when some of the other kids realised that maybe the target wasn't as bad as she was making out, she would shift to another target and the game would begin again. I don't know what happened to her. Maybe she's still there sitting on a little wooden bench in the playground, eating her Vegemite sandwich and picking a scab off her knee.

Non traditional girls/women are the most toxic element in all our western societies. No bull, seriously. This girl you speak of she didn't grow up to be Julia Gillard or Penny Wong did she?

Incorrect

Coach
I remember being at that game as a kid. Maybe 9 or 10? Might account for my unrealistic optimism as an adult.
Same. I remember seeing a wave of people exiting the stadium at half time and heading to the leagues club through the carpark at the northern end of the ground.... And then about 20 minutes in to the 2nd half, heaps of them were making their way back to watch the comeback lol

Stagger eel

Staff member

was at that game, remember it well...

went with my Balmain supporting cousin who had to physically restrain me from leaving the ground at half time.

boy did he cop it after the game lol

hindy111

Post Whore
Non traditional girls/women are the most toxic element in all our western societies. No bull, seriously. This girl you speak of she didn't grow up to be Julia Gillard or Penny Wong did she?

My mate mentioned this the other day.
Women don't dress sexy anymore like they used to. People aren't as flirty in general

TheCrowe

Juniors
Traditional women are hot?
If you are pro freedom then you are pro freedom for everyone.
1701822826014.png

Latest posts