What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
Sometimes the best way to change things up is when players get suspended/injured. If we play well without him then stuff him and make him play his way back into 1st grade via reserve grade.
To not be able to zero in on his rib cage or hold the line he deserves 10 weeks in reserve grade...still can't believe Burton absolutely smashed a bloke across the face swinging arm style in the trial against sharks and didn't even get cited.. maybe we don't have powerful influencers at our club...not sure

yy_cheng

Coach
Sometimes the best way to change things up is when players get suspended/injured. If we play well without him then stuff him and make him play his way back into 1st grade via reserve grade.
To not be able to zero in on his rib cage or hold the line he deserves 10 weeks in reserve grade...still can't believe Burton absolutely smashed a bloke across the face swinging arm style in the trial against sharks and didn't even get cited.. maybe we don't have powerful influencers at our club...not sure
Or change the coach, that's how Hayne got in

gaffer

Juniors
The real problem is he doesn’t contribute enough elsewhere to make up for the shit defence. Sure he can put the ball down over an open try line, but every other aspect of the game he just looks like a lazy merkin. Guru jr couldn’t defend to save his life, but the merkin ran the ball hard regardless of what was in front of him.
for his size you'd think Mistaka Sivo would love to bash it up but he's turned into a sloth

TheCrowe

Juniors
I can’t recall Sivo ever being 20 metres behind while Penisini looks around begging for a winger to put over untouched. There was a moment last week where it happened to Dunster again.

I was a Dunster fan. I reckon if things had worked out differently he could’ve already been where Russell looks like he’s going to reach this year. He was carrying the ball well, defence was competent and he was generally safe. That injury f**ked him hard.

Sivo may be rocks and diamonds but right now his diamonds are unachievable for Dunster, and I haven’t seen much from Dunster yet to say his standard is honestly that far above a Sivo rock game
Sad but true.
Defending next to a human brain explosion like Bailey would confuse Sivo.
Maybe he would do better next to Harper.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member

King-Gutho94

Coach
So this Las Vegas thing. Apart from being a piss up for journos, does anyone over there give a f**k ? What sort of crowd are they expecting?

View attachment 84546

Edit: oh I see they are selling tickets for $20. The lower bowl is pretty full.

$20 huh ? Is this the same NRL that was charging $59 to stand on the hill at Leichhardt?

I thought i read in the paper on Sunday 35k have been sold.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yep, I reckon they will be happy if they got to 40k
The key figures will be in years 2, 3, 4 & 5.

Once the novelty wears off.

I suppose if every team gets a go in Vegas across the next 5 years then it keeps it fresh and your asking different sets of fans to make the trek.

I probably would go if Parramatta play there. But we will have to wait and see. I was hoping to go back to the states for the 2026 FIFA World cup.

But If Parramatta play in Vegas in 2026 a choice will have to be made on when to go.

Wont be able to afford both.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
So this Las Vegas thing. Apart from being a piss up for journos, does anyone over there give a f**k ? What sort of crowd are they expecting?

View attachment 84546

Edit: oh I see they are selling tickets for $20. The lower bowl is pretty full.

$20 huh ? Is this the same NRL that was charging $59 to stand on the hill at Leichhardt?

When would the NRL charge $59 to stand on the hill at Leichhardt? The tigers haven't made the finals in donkeys so they're the ones that set the prices for regular season games.

King-Gutho94

Coach
When would the NRL charge $59 to stand on the hill at Leichhardt? The tigers haven't made the finals in donkeys so they're the ones that set the prices for regular season games.
Its $37 to stand on the asbestos hill at brookie as i had to get tickets for the Parra clash the other day for myself and a few mates. Then they slug you with $7.50 transaction fee.

So the $5 discount i got from one of my mates manly membership code was basically not even covering the transaction fee.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Its $37 to stand on the asbestos hill at brookie as i had to get tickets for the Parra clash the other day for myself and a few mates. Then they slug you with $7.50 transaction fee.

So the $5 discount i got from one of my mates manly membership code was basically not even covering the transaction fee.

That is a decision made by the manly club, not the NRL. Clubs set prices for regular season games, NRL for finals.