What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
I would hope this means that Dunster gets a run in his place and he has to earn his return through reserve grade. I would hope they don't accommodate Simonsson on the wing with Harper.
Assuming that would be who BA will select. Has Dunster done enough to warrant selection?

Glenneel

Bench
You seem to have spread the blame across everyone at the club including the tea lady there.

The difference between Dangerous Contact 1 (fine) and Dangerous Contact 2 (suspension) is that Sivo tackled him hard. He got 3 weeks because of priors.

Chest to player contact is a great ball n all tackle these days unless you hurt him or he stays down. Not sure what you want a big merkin like Sivo do when he is jamming in. Not jam in on a small guy I guess.

A rule for us and a rule for everyone else. That grub Kaufusi, ex Storm now Pins, got 1 week for an absolutely dog act on Matterson that put him out for a few months.

Glenneel

Bench
Can anyone help? Bought tickets to v Dogs game but no tickets attached to confirming email to print. Have sent email to ticketek but no response yet. Has anyone else bought tickets and been able to print? Time getting away and worried. Help!

King-Gutho94

Coach
Can anyone help? Bought tickets to v Dogs game but no tickets attached to confirming email to print. Have sent email to ticketek but no response yet. Has anyone else bought tickets and been able to print? Time getting away and worried. Help!
Did you choose the mobile tickets.

They text them through to your phone.

They also put the links to the tickets in the email down the bottom.

Delboy

First Grade
The big question remains, how can a club look so short when 1 player goes out of the line up. Still mystifying when it seems almost every other club has decent , quick back up wingers. Understand it’s beating a dead horse, but how come the backline remains vulnerable despite the lack of depth being obvious for a few seasons.

oldmancraigy

Coach
The big question remains, how can a club look so short when 1 player goes out of the line up. Still mystifying when it seems almost every other club has decent , quick back up wingers. Understand it’s beating a dead horse, but how come the backline remains vulnerable despite the lack of depth being obvious for a few seasons.

At this stage of a coach's tenure, they have the sort of squad they want. So 'decent, quick back up wingers' may not be wanted. More like meter eating runners of the ball.

I don't think the 2 things are mutually exclusive, but my guess (based on the squad we have) would be that there is a preference for spending more on backup forwards over backup backs.

84 Baby

Referee
The key figures will be in years 2, 3, 4 & 5.

Once the novelty wears off.

I suppose if every team gets a go in Vegas across the next 5 years then it keeps it fresh and your asking different sets of fans to make the trek.

I probably would go if Parramatta play there. But we will have to wait and see. I was hoping to go back to the states for the 2026 FIFA World cup.

But If Parramatta play in Vegas in 2026 a choice will have to be made on when to go.

Wont be able to afford both.
Sure you will be able to! It’s Vegas baby! Craps tables practically make it so they paying you to holiday

84 Baby

Referee
my mates manly membership

michael-scott-confused-face-afj519nuyfn21a8e.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The big question remains, how can a club look so short when 1 player goes out of the line up. Still mystifying when it seems almost every other club has decent , quick back up wingers.
Backups need to firstly not be a defensive liability. Whatever they offer in attack is a bonus, and the fact they are backups (and therefore cheap) means they should be expected to be one trick ponies in attack. A fast backup winger is likely to offer very little go forward or aerial threat (or else why is he a backup). Dunster isn’t fast but he runs the ball strongly. He’s a backup.

And yes I’m sure he isn’t on minimum salary. Dunster is getting paid whatever he was worth when he re-signed. I’m guessing at least $200k. But he is on the books and while he is we can’t replace him. We also can’t use that cap space to sign someone better. You can’t help bad luck.
Understand it’s beating a dead horse, but how come the backline remains vulnerable despite the lack of depth being obvious for a few seasons.
I don’t think Harper/Dunster are any worse than the backups at most clubs.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Lemon Squash

First Grade

Laughable Fox sports would even bother.

Every so called expert except Hindmarsh has picked there ex-club or in Mick Ennis case employed at to win the comp.

Yeah just bias and no proper analysis

Even Vonnie Sampson picked her beloved Broncos to win the comp.
I really don’t get the hype for Manly tbh… if Turbo stays fit for the season they will play finals, possibly top 4 but in 2021 when they were carving up they still got flattened when they played the big boys in the finals.

lol at Yvonne’s bold prediction, the NRL have already said there will be 2x development deals handed out.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Backups need to firstly not be a defensive liability. Whatever they offer in attack is a bonus, and the fact they are backups (and therefore cheap) means they should be expected to be one trick ponies in attack. A fast backup winger is likely to offer very little go forward or aerial threat (or else why is he a backup). Dunster isn’t fast but he runs the ball strongly. He’s a backup.

And yes I’m sure he isn’t on minimum salary. Dunster is getting paid whatever he was worth when he re-signed. I’m guessing at least $200k. But he is on the books and while he is we can’t replace him. We also can’t use that cap space to sign someone better. You can’t help bad luck.

I don’t think Harper/Dunster are any worse than the backups at most clubs.

I know you have mentioned most clubs but to put into perspective the Roosters would have had Suaalii as a back up this weekend if Dom Young had of been fit.

emjaycee

Coach
I'd suggest it's the CEO and HoF's fault mate.

eels_fan

First Grade
Log into your ticket account and you should be able to view them from there and print

Gronk

Staff member

Every so called expert except Hindmarsh has picked there ex-club or in Mick Ennis case employed at to win the comp.

Was it James Graham who pointed his angry bent finger at Andrew Davey ?

JokerEel

Coach

Then these "experts" go on the defense when they get called biased towards their clubs... I would be happy if all of them were replaced.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know you have mentioned most clubs but to put into perspective the Roosters would have had Suaalii as a back up this weekend if Dom Young had of been fit.
I’m sure they can both fit into the team. Maybe old man Tupou is the backup? Obviously he’s better than most backups, but he only signed a one year extension. It’s not a sign of huge demand. I’d say Manu is also first choice backup at fullback and five eighth, so there could be plenty of games where he isn’t playing centre.

Latest posts