What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

phantom eel

First Grade
HUSH, HUSH

Which player is looking to return to his former club next season?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e/news-story/1b20472d14649b2f94206abc9fa6fa72

Peats ?
pray.gif
Hayne...? He'd probably consider anything now to rescue his "brand reputation".

Glenneel

Bench
I kind of agree. Which is why I've been banging on about the need for a hooker who can kick / create to ease the pressure on Norman (and gutherson)
Couldn't understand why BA shied away from Hastings. Even he must have known unless he pulled his head in he had no future in NRL. I mean even St George didn't want him and they desperately needed a halfback. Even if not used at halfback was a potential hooker anyway. And certainly wouldn't have cost much,I reckon Roosters would have paid a least half his wages.

Gronk

Staff member
Couldn't understand why BA shied away from Hastings. Even he must have known unless he pulled his head in he had no future in NRL. I mean even St George didn't want him and they desperately needed a halfback. Even if not used at halfback was a potential hooker anyway. And certainly wouldn't have cost much,I reckon Roosters would have paid a least half his wages.

Pretty clear that you have found the answer. As much as some say that Hastings is a missed opportunity, the mere fact that he remained on the market for so long time is telling. It's not hard to figure out that Hastings did not survive the due diligence process carried out by other clubs including both STG and ourselves.

Gronk

Staff member
What skills??? He showed absolutely nothng to suggest he is anywhere near first grade. His defence is poor as well BA will go with Robbo before him every time.

Rookie radar: The NRL stars of the future who stood up at the 2017 Auckland Nines

Jamal Fogarty (Eels)

This 23-year-old has dominated Queensland Cup for several years and is finally on the verge of a breakthrough into the top grade after taking up a deal with the Eels. Clinton Gutherson is in the box seat for first crack at the No.6 jersey but Fogarty showed throughout the Nines that he also has legitimate claims for a starting role.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/8ead3ba662f9f9447353d0172321f747

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Rookie radar: The NRL stars of the future who stood up at the 2017 Auckland Nines

Jamal Fogarty (Eels)

This 23-year-old has dominated Queensland Cup for several years and is finally on the verge of a breakthrough into the top grade after taking up a deal with the Eels. Clinton Gutherson is in the box seat for first crack at the No.6 jersey but Fogarty showed throughout the Nines that he also has legitimate claims for a starting role.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/8ead3ba662f9f9447353d0172321f747
Yeah an article written by a nuffy from Fox, yeah you sure showed me.

Snoochies

First Grade
Fogarty is the only recognised goal kicker we have and is something we desparately need. Could BA find a spot for him? Is Gutho going to be that much better than Fogarty that conversions won't matter as much?

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Gutho will be the 5/8 barring a disaster. That is set in stone. He didn't re-sign for three years to play on the wing and if he goes to centre where does Mennings/ Taka go. But I agree, goalkicking must be giving BA a headache. Maybe someone at training is showing some form. How hard can it be?

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
The Fog was OK I thought, not good not bad but a space filler.

I thought he was ok. A lot faster than I expected.
Very difficult to guage his play maker skills when the team tactic was head down bum up. All the training talk of improving off load skills and improving individual skills appears just that. Talk. Very dissappointed with yesterdays game plan vrs Manly and The Pennys. I was impressed however with Parras defence and Tep was a monster as was Matagi.
Lets not forget even JT looked pretty ordinary in yesterdays format. Still have high hopes The Fog might be the man cause as good a player as The Bus is, I dont see him as a play maker or a kicker.

T.S Quint

Coach
In my opinion we blew it by not recruiting Hastings. He would of been cheap and he ticks all the boxes from fullback, 5/8th, half and dummy half, can tackle and has all the skills. From all accounts it looks like he has woken up to himself and is out to prove that he is a team player.

But since we blew that option I would go for a young up and comer that has great potential for dummy half and that would be like someone like that kid from the Sharks. Just can't remember his name right now.

Short of that, I would try to turn Fogarty into a tackling machine to give him a shot at dummy half.

He was never coming to Parra.
His manager and family told him to steer clear of the Eels.