What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
By 2026 that’ll be the spine baring unforeseen circumstances. The Raiders have been fairly deliberate in their approach
The reason they’ve managed to lure talents like Chevy (Cronulla), Strange (Roosters) and soon Sanders (Eels) is a fat stack of cash and a promise to be fast tracked to first grade

it’ll certainly be a big risk to gamble on such an inexperienced spine but it’s quite clearly the risk Stuart is going to take
Sanders isn’t being brought to Canberra to play reserve grade for 2-3 years, that much I assure you
If Sanders comes this year (or next), who plays reserve grade out of Sanders, Strange or Fogarty?

nick87

Coach
Back off man. Nick87 knows the most intimate details of Canberra Raiders recruitment / roster plans.

View attachment 86594
It’s not really intimate details
It’s quite literally what the club and coach have openly said :D

i obviously don’t expect fans of other clubs to be as dialed into the Raiders as we are, but you guys are all wondering how/why this recruitment is happening and I’m just telling you it’s pretty straight forward

And make no bones about it, we’re not getting these guys cheap, the raiders are paying well above market rate to get them. They’re not doing that for players they plan to be back ups

Delboy

First Grade
It would be unlikely to see Sanders recommit to the Eels, his manager has a strained relationship with the club. He was moved on by the current admin when he was in charge of junior recruitment and education. The original Raiders offer was considerable and Ricky has made a commitment to pay overs for elite juniors rather than pay overs to attract higher range players to Canberra. It seems to be a decent strategy.

hindy111

Post Whore
It would be unlikely to see Sanders recommit to the Eels, his manager has a strained relationship with the club. He was moved on by the current admin when he was in charge of junior recruitment and education. The original Raiders offer was considerable and Ricky has made a commitment to pay overs for elite juniors rather than pay overs to attract higher range players to Canberra. It seems to be a decent strategy.

Yes Canberra have been recruiting the best young talent for the last few years. It's smart. They aren't going to attract big name established stars like Lomax.
At 650k Lomax might be a super signing. Gusbis pissed becuase he paid 850k for Crighton and Lomax is on par.

JokerEel

Coach

Who is his manager?

hindy111

Post Whore
Lomax might end up a fullback. Blaize will be in the full time side in 20-25
AMS and Richi Penisini may be reliable back ups. Realy untimely injuries for them.
Sivo won't be here in 25. I've said this for a while

King-Gutho94

Coach
I looked at the ladder today.

Can the NRL seriously piss off the bye points next year.

It's completely stupid no other competition hands out points for a bye.

Yet we hand out 6.

The ladder is completely skewed atm because of the 4 teams in the top half having 2 points for a bye.

oldmancraigy

Coach

Yet we hand out 6.

The ladder is completely skewed atm because of the 4 teams in the top half having 2 points for a bye.

But it goes both ways

If they don't hand out the bye points, then you have teams who have played 1 less game appearing disadvantaged on the ladder.

Either way it is trickier to figure out early in the season

Noise

Coach
But it goes both ways

If they don't hand out the bye points, then you have teams who have played 1 less game appearing disadvantaged on the ladder.

Yes but you should have to earn your 2 points. 6 points for doing nothing ridiculous.

King-Gutho94

Coach
But it goes both ways

Yeah but they have that extra game so its not an issue.

Ladder should be based on wins.

Canberra should be on top of the ladder they have won the same amount of games as Cronulla & Melbourne and have a better F/A. Yet are 3rd because Cronulla & Melbourne have already had a bye.

In the past when there was 1 bye you can cop it to an extent as they all came within a month period around origin.

Now there are 3 byes and a team every week gets a gift 2 points for doing SFA.

Its stupid if you ask me.

JokerEel

Coach

Yet we hand out 6.

Can the NRL just bring in the 18th side ffs!

Plus fix the schedule.

greena

Juniors
Lomax might end up a fullback. Blaize will be in the full time side in 20-25
AMS and Richi Penisini may be reliable back ups. Realy untimely injuries for them.
Sivo won't be here in 25. I've said this for a while
Realy, Blaize in the full rime squad in 2025. Who's is going to teach him how to tackle. Not only how to tackle but how to man up and commit to the tackle. I know Brad talks him up as parra's future but he must be seeing something that is not being shown on the field

hindy111

Post Whore
Realy, Blaize in the full rime squad in 2025. Who's is going to teach him how to tackle. Not only how to tackle but how to man up and commit to the tackle. I know Brad talks him up as parra's future but he must be seeing something that is not being shown on the field

He looks very gifted with ball in hand. He will have all of this year playing against men. I'd rather him at centre so he can make and practise tackling more so unsure why he is playing fullback. But n perhaps that where they see him.
Come the off season a guy his age and size will put on somewhere between 5- 7kgs. At that point his body will be a lot stronger for the collision.
I saw Penisni in NSW cup and his defense was terrible. I thought he was years away but come into NRL thst year. Within half a season he adjusted.
I'd be more concerned about guys like MA defense. Reason is body shape. He has no control how big he will end up and is on the smallish side. Blaize just needs to learn to make better reads and fine tune his technique.

hindy111

Post Whore
OKC finished top. They have Aussie Josh Giddey playing for them. Amazing how fast OKC Rose from last year. They have a war chest of draft picks as well. Bright future and nobody expected this so early.
On the flip side what a sad way Ben Simmons career has gone