What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
I wish we never got rid of Joffa, having said that I dont see where he fits into our current pack and I probably wouldnt pick him, but one thing you could never question with Joffa is whether he is putting in.
He’s overpaid for individual results but it’s become increasingly obvious to me he’s got leadership qualities we were missing. That said it’s clear that it hasn’t improved us enough, so he’s up for grabs if you guys want him back.

#crazybradhasboughttoomanyrugs

84 Baby

Referee
I thought Lussick puts in and tries but he's not skilled enough (everyone recognizes this) and he is not fit enough to always play well throughout the full 80 mins. That's on BA for picking him and not subbing him.

Carty has been v good I reckon except the last game.
I think Lussick first go round as backup to Mahoney was his ideal level

Gazzamatta

Coach
I thought Lussick puts in and tries but he's not skilled enough (everyone recognizes this) and he is not fit enough to always play well throughout the full 80 mins. That's on BA for picking him and not subbing him.

Carty has been v good I reckon except the last game.
Lussick reminds me of the kid that wants to play, is chosen last and really only gets to play a position no one else wants.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
He's under contract twit.

running away impractical jokers GIF by truTV

The Predictor

Juniors
I’ve noted in most games, halftime is our enemy, because whatever Brad says has the opposite effect, and go backwards at a rate of knots…..it’s so obvious they are sick of listening to monotone Brad

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep everyone at the moment is either really skilful and playing shit, or not skilful but trying. Neither type is going to win too many 1st grade games

I'm not fussed becuase I could see it coming. I said in 2022 we need to have a semi rebuild. Instead we went silly and signed a heap for far to long. I felt we'd be ok this year then 2025 drop right off. So I didn't get that part right.
I know to be a good footy side you always need new players to freshen up the squad and you need juniors also coming thru.
By 2027 we should be able to sort this out. Until we do we will continue to just have short bursts of success and long periods where we rebuild.

hindy111

Post Whore
This is where I think BA goes really wrong : Use of Bench and picking the teams

Issue is we have nobody really in reserves who will improve us. I'd rather Hands in the side but he isn't going to make a huge difference. Our squad is actually relatively fit. If we lose 4 or 5 guys like some clubs have we are going to get embarrassed

The Predictor

Juniors
T
He said only a handful are putting in.

My guess
Putting in week in, week out
Guth, Russell, Bailey, Morgan, Will, Dyl, RCG, Lussick, Bryce, Hoppy, Moretti, Junz (except 1 game)

Not Putting in week in, week out

Matto, Lane, Sivo (demoted)

Neutral (haven't played enough games or I am sitting on the fence):
Talagi, Asi, Offa

The list is about putting in, not about their abilities. If it is their abilities, then it is the coach who is picking them. Maybe he really should start sacking some big names even though the ones replacing them might not be good enough but at least will make an effort.

Am I seeing it differently?
Talagi at this point should be in the junior squads, nowhere near reggies or firsts

Tiger5150

Bench
He’s overpaid for individual results but it’s become increasingly obvious to me he’s got leadership qualities we were missing. That said it’s clear that it hasn’t improved us enough, so he’s up for grabs if you guys want him back.
Nailed it, which is why I wish we still had him at the Tigers. The perfect guy to have around Stef, Fainu x 3, Pole etc. unfortunately we werent paying him to be a good influence. Its probably the exact correct move getting rid of him, but wish he was still here. If he was here he would be playing the same rolse as you guys, middle rotation off the bench, but at the moment I think we get more impact from Twal and both Fainus (Samuela Fainu will be elite in time).

Tiger5150

Bench
He said only a handful are putting in.

My guess
Putting in week in, week out
Guth, Russell, Bailey, Morgan, Will, Dyl, RCG, Lussick, Bryce, Hoppy, Moretti, Junz (except 1 game)

Not Putting in week in, week out

Matto, Lane, Sivo (demoted)

Neutral (haven't played enough games or I am sitting on the fence):
Talagi, Asi, Offa

The list is about putting in, not about their abilities. If it is their abilities, then it is the coach who is picking them. Maybe he really should start sacking some big names even though the ones replacing them might not be good enough but at least will make an effort.

Am I seeing it differently?
Interested where you put Tuilagi in that list?