What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Predictor

Juniors
Won’t
Only two or three posters here are left holding on tightly to BAs nuts.

I even think Pou is about to let go. Will only be Gronk and Emjaycee left. The question is who let's go first?
Come on Emjaycee to the other side.
Won’t happen they are too stubborn

Avenger

Immortal
MJC being more measured in his responses is honourable and I respect that and to a certain point I agree with him. However when there is a giant like Wayne Bennett available you don’t wait, you make a call and go your hardest.

By appointing someone like him you can be assured that he won’t f**k around with MON and his handbrake recruitment and retention policy. Also Bennett is the ideal candidate to bring us the best chance of a premiership because we have all been waiting way too long.

To be honest I couldn’t give a f**k what happens after Bennett leaves. Just give me some proper and realistic hope unlike BA and his one dimensional and antiquated tactics.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Of course it won't. They signed to many old forwards.

End of 2025 we will have Sivo 500k gone and Guthersons 800k. As great as Guths been his knee's look shot and he is slowing up big time. Hopefully we can also offload Matterson/Lane.
I'd rather keep Jnr and RCG over those two.
They made a point on NRL360 that Gutherson’s days at fullback are more than likely coming to an end. They suggested he go to the centres or 5/8th. I don’t agree with this. He is fullback or nothing.

Half a chance

Juniors
They made a point on NRL360 that Gutherson’s days at fullback are more than likely coming to an end. They suggested he go to the centres or 5/8th. I don’t agree with this. He is fullback or nothing.

Gutho’s knees must be bad for them to suggest this. I like Gutho and what he’s contributed but he’s looking a fraction of his former (slow) self.

In the old days, Gutho could have perhaps transitioned to a Brett Kenny style lock/#13 when his time in the backline was done. But not in these days when that player typically plays simply as a third middle forward, in our unimaginative system.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Its not losing, its the manner of our losses. Complete capitulation, complete embarrassment. That is NOT the way a decent team with pride in the jersey plays and we have no speed, no tactics, no defence, no mongrel and no decent backup players. Complete shambles and those responsible need to be held accountable and changes made NOW!
Almost every coach has overseen this sort of loss. Has sacking them ever been the solution?

Almost every coach has overseen this sort of loss. Has sacking them ever been the solution?
Let It Go Vintage GIF by Anna Moon

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I dont think we have a better squad than you at all. I think you guys have a better squad than us right now actually. I do think we are doing a better job of rebuilding our squad however, in particular our pack. To be honest I think our pack matches Parra's now and our current prop rotation of Stef, Klemmer, Samuela Fainu, Fonua Pole, Sione Fainu are all under 23 with the obvious exception of Klem. On the other hand Parra's rotation of RCG, Joffa, Paulo, Lane and Matto are all on the wrong side of 29. I know which pack I'd rather in 2-3 years.
I think your pack lacks workers. Will that improve as they get older?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Gutho was our best player by the length of the Flemington straight last season.

He’s never relied on speed to be a good footballer but in saying that he is clearly hampered this season and is battling. He’s hardly a lone soldier in that regard though.

Realistically he looks like he needs a spell but he’s a determined merkin he will do everything he can to get out there on Friday. God help us if he doesn’t.

Only two or three posters here are left holding on tightly to BAs nuts.

I even think Pou is about to let go. Will only be Gronk and Emjaycee left. The question is who let's go first?
Come on Emjaycee to the other side.
I think Emjaycee has recently said that the club needs a small re-boot (or similar), and that BA should not be here for the re-boot. I don't think that qualifies as hugging - even if previous comments have suggested otherwise.

And if you read his posts you'll know Pou will never let go - until approximately 3 hours after the Club has made the decision to axe BA, then Pou will try and argue he's always been in agreement with the club going in that direction 🤣