What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

oldmancraigy

Coach
I Would love to see the club offload Sivo and go for Turuva next year.

we still need 2 second rowers in 24/25

No disrespect intended, but I'd be happy if we let Gutho go and signed Turuva and kept the change.

Turuva has that acceleration that Guth has lost. And who knows what kind of impact either Turuva or Lomax might have at FB?

Parra Pride

Coach
Yeh, I'm not sure that was my point.....
I get what your point is, I just think it’s a poor one as Brad Arthur has two wooden spoons since then as a head coach, while Cleary has now taken the Panthers to three premierships in a row. You can forgive the poor earlier years if success comes around, success hasn’t come around for us.

pazzaeel

Juniors
I would like to think that boning Arthur may assist in offloading some players which may allows us to sign/poach some younger forwards and outside backs.

i would be looking to offload:
- Lane
- Matterson
- Sivo
- Paulo or RCG

I have little knowledge of players available but it would be nice to replace with:
- promote 1 junior 2nd rower
- promote 1 junior winger/back
- a strong/fast back (not rep level but say Penisini level
- a young aggressive prop/2nd rower

on top of that we would need work on guys like moretti, doorey and Greig or swap them out for similar salary players who may be toilers but can play 35 minutes a game - nothing fancy, just have a bit of ticker. guys who love the game. Ray Stone types.

JokerEel

Coach
I get what your point is, I just think it’s a poor one as Brad Arthur has two wooden spoons since then as a head coach, while Cleary has now taken the Panthers to three premierships in a row. You can forgive the poor earlier years if success comes around, success hasn’t come around for us.

BA only has 1 spoon doesn't he? 2018? I guess 2012..