What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maybe BA should send the lads to Totti's this Saturday night in the bye week for a team bonding session.

Couldn't end up derailing our season any worse then going the Golden Sheaf on a Saturday during the bye round.
I just hope Bea didn’t watch the footage, he’d sign him give him a polish and stick him in the middle.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Check out the latest news on Luke Keary.
If we dont sign a decent coach and fast that players want to join our club to play for we will be dead ducks in the player market. Chooks will have money comin' out of their butts and sign everyone.
Sualii, Manu, Crichton, Keary, Hargraves, Toupu etc.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Seems you guys are right in the sweet spot.....dare I say.... a window?
View attachment 87343
Interesting. So clubs by virtue of player attrition and development would by default be in the diagonal between bottom left quadrant and top right quadrant, and fluctuate between at points in time.

You'd think the place to avoid would be top left quadrant - stuck with an older but less experienced squad - where the Storm are?

And you'd think the place for clubs to aim for - through development and smart recruitment - is the further along line between the two right hand quadrants... exactly where the Roosters and Cowboys seem to be?

Tiger5150

Bench
Interesting. So clubs by virtue of player attrition and development would by default be in the diagonal between bottom left quadrant and top right quadrant, and fluctuate between at points in time.

You'd think the place to avoid would be top left quadrant - stuck with an older but less experienced squad - where the Storm are?

And you'd think the place for clubs to aim for - through development and smart recruitment - is the further along line between the two right hand quadrants... exactly where the Roosters and Cowboys seem to be?
Yep I think Roosters look to be in the best spot by that analysis. You guys not in a bad spot although for what its worth I think your best shot for a while was 2022. Of course what that graph doesnt show is where the age and experience is. Age and inexperience IMO plays out differently between say props, halves, outside backs.

Smartman

Juniors
Check out the latest news on Luke Keary.
If we dont sign a decent coach and fast that players want to join our club to play for we will be dead ducks in the player market. Chooks will have money comin' out of their butts and sign everyone.
Sualii, Manu, Crichton, Keary, Hargraves, Toupu etc.
With the losses of those players means they are under the cap now.

yy_cheng

Coach
This new development makes me wonder if the long minutes by junior and rcg is Arthur's doing, or if these guys demand to play long minutes, even though they can't, and Arthur is not wanting to anger the boys club???

I mean, I'm sure every player wants to play the most minutes that they possibly can.

Doubt it. It seems like something ba would do and he said it himself.

I reckon sivo worked out that if you are suspended you still get paid so why pay more minutes when you are over 30 years old

gaffer

Juniors
Maybe BA should send the lads to Totti's this Saturday night in the bye week for a team bonding session.

Couldn't end up derailing our season any worse then going the Golden Sheaf on a Saturday during the bye round.
they should all go to spuds gym for some good old fashion punching around the ring

Eelementary

Post Whore
Interesting comments for sure avenger posted a video in one of the threads the other day.

In terms of Mannah I find it ironic though. BA kept him in the club 2 or 3 years longer then he should have.

I would have got rid end of him at end of 2015.

He is one of the reasons we continue to have a soft underbelly. Between 2010-2018 as a senior player/captain did he do anything but keep the losing culture around the joint.

He was a toiler at best that I doubt any other club would have given him 200+ games.

Tbh, I think this view encapsulates a lot of footy fans' mindsets regarding workhorses - that there is something somehow inherently wrong with having workhorses in your pack.

If we had a pack of Mannah's, and Hindy's now, I dare say we'd be faring much better than we currently are.

Mannah was good for 10m per hit-up, and 30 tackles per game. He did not pass, or offload, but he worked hard.

He did his job.

He wasn't leadership material, but that is on BA for making him a captain.

Last edited: