What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Predictor

Juniors
A
We had a team good enough to win it in 2021 & 2022.

We got unlucky in 2021 didnt help the fact we didnt have a backup half for 5 weeks after Origin when Moses did his back and we lost our spot in the 4.

We re-grouped should have beaten Penrith if not for some refereeing decisions but we made it hard on ourselves by not making the Top 4. We were 9-1 to start the year after 10 rounds and came 6th at the end of the regular season.

2022 was a major stuff up simply because we put ourselves in a situation having to travel to Townsville for a prelim final by losing to the Tigers & Bulldogs in not horrendous inexcusable performances that premiership sides don't toss up.

We probably turn up to GF day with more petrol in the tank if we had 2 x finals including a prelim final by finishing top 2.
And yet here we are

The Predictor

Juniors
N
I'm one of Matt's biggest fans here, because I genuinely think he is a special player.

But I do think he is too light/scrawny for regular NRL footy at this stage.

He has the brains, and the skill, to be a very, very good dummy-half - but he needs to add a bit of muscle to his frame, and it's not just so he doesn't get rag-dolled - it's so bis body can cope with the rigours of NRL footy better.
Moot really, once dad is gone, son will follow

hineyrulz

Post Whore
With our squad what would be acceptable?
We had halves of Dylan and Moses
Two origin level props at the time and Gutherson who was a top 5 fullback in that era. And e very good dummy half.
Did we over achieve? We put together a nice squad. It was poorly coached and barrelled out easily in most finals campaigns.
We then extended guys for to long and the rest is history.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Delboy

First Grade
It had plenty of home grown players in it too. Merkins who made their NRL debuts at our club.
Surely the issue is that somehow they did almost nothing in recruitment after making the GF in 2022, and losing at least 6 NRL players. The board have overseen the failure since then, and need to act now.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
With our squad what would be acceptable?
We had halves of Dylan and Moses
Two origin level props at the time and Gutherson who was a top 5 fullback in that era. And e very good dummy half.
Did we over achieve? We put together a nice squad. It was poorly coached and barrelled out easily in most finals campaigns.
We then extended guys for to long and the rest is history.
I wasn’t making a judgment on our performances, just questioning the argument…..

BA had/has a good roster, so can’t coach as we are going shit……..while MON has no idea as we have a shit squad…..yet BA has a good squad, and can’t coach as we are going shit, MON has no idea as we have a shit squad….

it really can’t be both, it’s more one or the other…..

Gazzamatta

Coach
I wasn’t making a judgment on our performances, just questioning the argument…..

BA had/has a good roster, so can’t coach as we are going shit……..while MON has no idea as we have a shit squad…..yet BA has a good squad, and can’t coach as we are going shit, MON has no idea as we have a shit squad….

Both can be true particularly when we have a top 30 that is actually 26. Then theres injurys and suspensions. Anyhow its now past round 11 so anyone is an option the way I understand it.

emjaycee

Coach

FFS, it can be whatever it wants to be on here mate.

Avenger

Immortal
I reckon it's actually a little bit of lots of people's fault and no single person is to blame. That also means no single person can fix it all either unfortunately.
Bennett would because he’d demand all the misfits quit. He’d have more autonomy than what Brian Smith had.

The reason why we have so many chiefs and not enough Indians now is because we opted to keep BA and help him with failed former NRL coaches who are now his assistants and a HOF in charge of recruitment who is as effective as AstraZeneca with COVID.

emjaycee

Coach
Bennett would because he’d demand all the misfits quit. He’d have more autonomy than what Brian Smith had.

The reason why we have so many chiefs and not enough Indians now is because we opted to keep BA and help him with failed former NRL coaches who are now his assistants and a HOF in charge of recruitment who is as effective as AstraZeneca with COVID.
Not sure even Bennett could demand the CEO quit mate.