What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
Has anyone else noticed the Raiders are signing the talent that was on show in the 2023 SG Ball Cup competition..The Raiders have secured Ethan Sanders, Ethan Strange, Myles Martin, Chevy Stewart and continue to pick the eyes out of talent developed by other Clubs. The late Raiders recruitment officer Peter (Skull) Mullholland had a 'great eye' for talent, and has passed his skills onto his successor, RIP Pete.
The Raiders are building for a big couple of years....just sayin`
I hadn't really noticed so I won't claim that I have.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yes and that is the disturbing thing about this team and a big reason why BA failed. We're too reliant on 2 players, Moses and Gutho and appear lost without them.

In an earlier post yesterday I highlighted how 2 teams, Titans and Warriors, with 3 players missing from their respective spines, and a whole heap of other players out, won against the odds. Compare them to us and you can see how hopeless our coaching has been for a long time. Adding to that is our hopeless defence for years so those whinging about BAs demise need to dig into our team's performance to see it was justified and imo about one year too late.

Our new coach needs to develop a system where the team is not so reliant on a player (or 2) and be more resilient in defence and have more speed and more mobile forwards. In retrospect more speed in itself leads to better defence and better attack.
BAs arrival had him forever stating he needed leaders thus Foran, Watmough etc. Gutho certainly developed as a leader and I reckon Mitch came to us as a leader. Other than those 2 he failed to develop leadership and the accusations of playing favourites no doubt contributed to that.

emjaycee

Coach
BAs arrival had him forever stating he needed leaders thus Foran, Watmough etc. Gutho certainly developed as a leader and I reckon Mitch came to us as a leader. Other than those 2 he failed to develop leadership and the accusations of playing favourites no doubt contributed to that.
Chased hard for former Storm Captain Christian Welch about 4 years ago, recognising that we needed leadership in the forwards.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Chased hard for former Storm Captain Christian Welch about 4 years ago, recognising that we needed leadership in the forwards.

If Welch didnt do his ACL that round in Brisbane he was coming here according to man himself. He was flying to sydney the following week to do the deal.

The injury happened so we pulled the offer and got RCG instead.

JokerEel

Coach

If Welch didnt do his ACL that round in Brisbane he was coming here according to man himself. He was flying to sydney the following week to do the deal.

Imagine how shit Welch would be if he was with us

Eelementary

Post Whore
Has anyone else noticed the Raiders are signing the talent that was on show in the 2023 SG Ball Cup competition..The Raiders have secured Ethan Sanders, Ethan Strange, Myles Martin, Chevy Stewart and continue to pick the eyes out of talent developed by other Clubs. The late Raiders recruitment officer Peter (Skull) Mullholland had a 'great eye' for talent, and has passed his skills onto his successor, RIP Pete.

I hadn't noticed, but that's because I don't care about any other club, but the Eels.

And this bloody club breaks my heart year, after year, after year...

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yeah I recall. He did his ACL and we jumped on the RCG ship. Cant complain about that trade. The fact is we had to buy. Development of leaders has been poor.

eels_fan

First Grade
Yeah but Ricky Stuart is their coach, so they are not winning anything...

By the time these players have matured to quality first graders, they'll fly the coup and go to stronger clubs. Canberra is just being used as a launching pad because Sticky will pay overs for juniors based on potential, just like he is with Sanders.

Rocket man

Juniors

Yet we sign Will Smith while he's recuperating from an ACL.

hindy111

Post Whore
Is Hindy really Varys?

I have balls the size of Lemons.
But I do have little birds all over the place. I recently got some little birds from the North. They whisper things in my ears.
Did I call Lussick was to be dropped?
Never question my little birds.