What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

We were season ticket holders from 1987 onwards and I vividly remember my dad cutting the James Hardie logo off the end of the car sticker that came with our season ticket paraphernalia one year and I asked him why he was doing that, I was like 11 years old, and he explained that he was not going to be a mobile advertisement for a company that had a seeming disregard and denial about their role in some shit stuff....

Always stuck with me.

Yeh, look, I had a neighbour who sufferred a horrible end most likely as a result of their stuff (and their continued use of asbestos until the late 80s). Their refusal to acknowledge their role was pretty ordinary. Then they set up a fund to compensate the affected, under-capitalised it and f**ked off overseas allegedly for tax reasons (as if that's fantastic). In the end they were forced by courts to play ball, but I can't really conceive of many more egregious abuses of social license. And I'm right of centre as far as economic policy goes. That said, I hope they help us.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yeh, look, I had a neighbour who sufferred a horrible end most likely as a result of their stuff (and their continued use of asbestos until the late 80s). Their refusal to acknowledge their role was pretty ordinary. Then they set up a fund to compensate the affected, under-capitalised it and f**ked off overseas allegedly for tax reasons (as if that's fantastic). In the end they were forced by courts to play ball, but I can't really conceive of many more egregious abuses of social license. And I'm right of centre as far as economic policy goes. That said, I hope they help us.
While being exciting I reckon its a risk. The media will run with it for years. The nicknames will start soon.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Ruben Cotter is off contract next year and can negotiate November 1st. Love to see him w big target with lots of ours finishing 25. Apparently they have huge cap issues and Taumollooo going no where at 1mil a year for next 3 years.

Love him as a player but he’s a Cowboy through and through. He’s co Captain with Deardon now, I’d be stunned if he ever left… especially in the short term.

Latest posts