What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

oldmancraigy

Coach
You would need to source that.

And I refuse to believe all these clubs are better resourced than the Broncos given their ability to recruit and retain playing talent year after year. There is obviously something relevant not included in the numbers referenced here. The Roosters, for example, are not a mid-tier club. That much is obvious.

So you don't know how to find the Broncos financials?

(What you pasted is not showing total income - neither gross nor net. Our gross exceeds the Broncos gross. Our net profit for 2023 also exceeds theirs, as does our gross.)

If you need help, you can ask nicely?

Avenger

Immortal
We are just unlucky. There is a whole thread dedicated to the fact that we are just the Buffalo Bills of the NRL. It wasn’t Brad Arthur’s fault, Joey Lussick, Hodgson, Joseph Paulo or Chris Sandow’s. They are all gone and we are still unlucky. The worst luck of all is that we have a WA based gimp who is fixated on this forum like an autistic kid spinning a colourful top.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Safe to say the 'resources' argument is well and truly dead
Is it really? There’s clubs with more revenue than us who have missed the finals more often in recent years. I’d say the revenue stats only show part of the story. Resources means a lot more than income ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you honestly not know how to find the Broncos financials?

((Our profit was 2.5times bigger than theirs last year. We have significantly higher income too))
I doubt it’s going to show us anything we can use to effectively compare them with any other club, or else they would be included in that 15 team list of NRL clubs by revenue. The fact they weren’t included shows some relevant information is missing. This is where your lack of curiosity works against you. If there is publicly available information that allows a meaningful comparison of the Broncos and Storm with the other 15 clubs, why has it been omitted? Is it just coincidence that they are two of the more successful clubs in the NRL era?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed only 1!

The club from the head down has to change their thought process.
You can see how poorly the fist grade side played with Moses and Gutho out.

Resources you can have the best resources but how you use it matters.

agree with that, but that's not a one issue solution

it's a complete overhaul of how we are run

I think he was just taking the piss out of Pou's wilful misinterpretation (or his "motivation" for posting to "educate" us "merkins") that anyone on here thought there was just one solution to why we hadn't won a comp since 1986?

'Circular logic' is what (some) people say when you show them how correlation and causation are two different things. As for selective stats, they have to be selected because not all statistics are relevant.
I'm talking about e.g. Using a win stat to defend a plodder and then refusing to use that stat to be applicable to someone who is clearly better than the plod you are currently defending. Recently, the Lussic /Hands debate.
That's why I'm here to educate.
I;ve learned a lot from reading your posts but also give a fair few a yeah nah.
Am I really that subtle? There's a couple of very smart dudes on here but when I take the piss it's not just for their benefit. I am very inclusive.
It's probably not that subtle, I mean it's obvious to me but I'm not sitting here waiting to catch you out on anything either.
Lefties generally mean well. It's just a coincidence that modern left wing politics entrench class privilege.
They don't mean well when they will happily lie to you about something to try and influence your opinion on something. Like saying that the Voice legislation was requested by the Aboriginal community when some basic research proves that the U.N. requested this legislation from a lot of western countries years ago.
Don't get me started on most lefties view of people who chose not to take a highly experimental, very dangerous injection that was neither safe or effective as promised and advertised ad nauseum.
I could go on but hopefully you get my drift.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Indeed only 1!

The club from the head down has to change their thought process.
You can see how poorly the fist grade side played with Moses and Gutho out.
Every club plays worse with their leaders out. I've given you examples. You're acting like it's only a problem for our club. The Storm's win rate dropped nearly 30% without Cam Smith. They lost by the record grand final score without him.
Resources you can have the best resources but how you use it matters.
What if you don't have the best resources? What if you're only the fifth to seventh best resourced club? How do you compete with the other clubs for the people who know how to use the resources?

Legal Eel

Juniors
It's not funny mate, it's f**ken sad how trying to have a rational discussion devolves into personal attacks. I support the club and want to get to the bottom of why we won four premierships in six years followed by almost four decades of f**k all. Given all the humans that have come and gone since 1986 there must be a better explanation than slinging shit at whichever current staff members have worn club polos in the media. aRtHuRs AnD o'nEiL aRe ShIt!!! isn't a cause, it's another symptom. And merkins need to understand why. Shitting on people like me isn't going to get them any closer to the reasons. I'm starting to think they don't care about why we never get the best management staff at the club. They're just happy having a face and a name to throw under the bus.
These are all lies

you are a malicious troll who has no love for the eels nor do you care about rugby league - you are just here to troll parra fans with disingenuous rubbish….and there are a dozen people on here who can’t see it or just go along with it because it suits their own agendas

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Btw pou I am not having a go at you. I like you as a member. You might be more intelligent then Avenger but he is more succesfull and maybe it's why you clash?

JokerEel

Coach
Every club plays worse with their leaders out. I've given you examples. You're acting like it's only a problem for our club. The Storm's win rate dropped nearly 30% without Cam Smith. They lost by the record grand final score without him.

What if you don't have the best resources? What if you're only the fifth to seventh best resourced club? How do you compete with the other clubs for the people who know how to use the resources?

Mate of course losing your 2 best players is going to have a big impact but we were terrible without them.
Our club needs to learn to be better when they are not there no excuses.

The riff aren't the best resourced club they know how to get the best out of their resources we as a club do not get the best out of our resources.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm talking about e.g. Using a win stat to defend a plodder and then refusing to use that stat to be applicable to someone who is clearly better than the plod you are currently defending. Recently, the Lussic /Hands debate.
Win rate for players with so few games is a meaningless sample. Surely I've droned on about sample size enough times. Neither Lussick nor Hands have played enough games for their win rates to be relevant. Far more relevant is how few NRL games they've played for their age.
I;ve learned a lot from reading your posts but also give a fair few a yeah nah.
There are far too many unknowns for us to be certain about anything, so I'd hope we take each other with a grain of salt. What matters is showing our working. That's worth far more than the more common "Nah <so-and-so> is shit and you're a f**kwit for licking his nuts!" that we get from the rugby league cognoscenti.
It's probably not that subtle, I mean it's obvious to me but I'm not sitting here waiting to catch you out on anything either.
Fair point. I've blocked the few bad faith actors on here. Most people are willing to discuss ideas without twisting my words or parroting those who do.
They don't mean well when they will happily lie to you about something to try and influence your opinion on something. Like saying that the Voice legislation was requested by the Aboriginal community when some basic research proves that the U.N. requested this legislation from a lot of western countries years ago.
Don't get me started on most lefties view of people who chose not to take a highly experimental, very dangerous injection that was neither safe or effective as promised and advertised ad nauseum.
I could go on but hopefully you get my drift.
I'm not a leftie but I work in risk management, and I thought it was obvious the benefits of the vaccine far outweighed the risks. The virus was also "highly experimental" and "very dangerous" but vaccine-hesitant merkins were happy to catch it and spread it to others without full understanding of the consequences.

Latest posts