What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Win rate for players with so few games is a meaningless sample. Surely I've droned on about sample size enough times. Neither Lussick nor Hands have played enough games for their win rates to be relevant. Far more relevant is how few NRL games they've played for their age.

There are far too many unknowns for us to be certain about anything, so I'd hope we take each other with a grain of salt. What matters is showing our working. That's worth far more than the more common "Nah <so-and-so> is shit and you're a f**kwit for licking his nuts!" that we get from the rugby league cognoscenti.

Fair point. I've blocked the few bad faith actors on here. Most people are willing to discuss ideas without twisting my words or parroting those who do.

I'm not a leftie but I work in risk management, and I thought it was obvious the benefits of the vaccine far outweighed the risks. The virus was also "highly experimental" and "very dangerous" but vaccine-hesitant merkins were happy to catch it and spread it to others without full understanding of the consequences.

The virus was an experiment I agree.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Love him or hate him Pou is a great member of this forum so I respect him for that.
If he left the forum it would be worse off I personally feel. He is also a very smart guy. Just not as successful as some others on here.
If only I had sold my DOGE in May 2021 I'd be rich now. At least I still have my collection of classic pagers. This one is my favourite:

_96009532_ee2f0791-8602-4ff3-b844-2d7998a21605.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate of course losing your 2 best players is going to have a big impact but we were terrible without them.
Our club needs to learn to be better when they are not there no excuses.

The riff aren't the best resourced club they know how to get the best out of their resources we as a club do not get the best out of our resources.
What do you mean by 'they' and 'we'? The geographic area? The fans? The club's employees? What are you assuming or failing to recognise?

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't believe he is more successful actually. If he was he wouldn't big note about it on a footy forum. People who carry on like him are hiding something.

Well the question would be what is sucess I guess. Someone who has built a financial empire? Someone who have developed many deep friendships? Someone who has helped others with generosity and time?
Someone who has banged 100s of women may think they are a big succes.
I'd argue the most successful person are the ones who can live humble,gently and modestly without creating friction amongst other humans. But social media wouldn't agree

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The one factor that should have gotten BA sacked would be the teams defence over the years.

Everyone goes on about defence is attitude our defence has maybe once been in the top 4 in those years BA was in charge.
So we only had a good attitude that year?

I think 'defence is attitude' is a truism. The best defensive teams have the best defensive players. Whether the best defenders have the best attitudes is a fair question, but in any case, it's clear that if you don't have the best defenders you're not going to turn nuffies into a strong defensive team, any more than you can buy ordinary playmakers or tackle breakers and turn them into attacking stars.