What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
I hadnt realised one of the "reasons" he bailed on the Tigers to come to us was that he didnt like how they dealt with his head knock injury(s?) .... was in a media article the other day.
Madge was training him too hard during his recovery.

Mutually terminated I couldn't believe how easy the Tigers just gave him up.

I think Parra had offered more money anyway but I always thought why didnt the Tigers pressure us for a swap at the time.

He had another 2 years on his contract there to go.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes, but we are so good at them that we have double than the next club. Seriously , when the Club gets stood over by player managers as seems likely, it doesn’t end well. Dylbro and his manager will milk the options for all their worth.
Without them he would’ve cost more up front.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
we need to get an outside back signed in the next week or two. We are literally one backline injury away from having no-one in our top squad to play.

Lumelume and Cini are not options.

If we are honestly serious in trying to go on a bit of a run now Moses and Gutho are back, we can’t open ourselves up to the risk of it coming unstuck by having no backs
Lumelume isn’t but Harper and Cini are both in the top thirty and playing well in reserve grade. Which is where backups play when they’re not required in first grade.

We already have our top 17 outside backs contracted for next year, and we’re trying to retain Talagi. What quality of player would sign with us to be pushed to reserve grade as soon as everyone was fit? Morgan Harper quality, that’s what.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
We still need to unearth another young half given we lost Sanders... maybe Lynn will become that? Otherwise, we need to go shopping. Asi has his strengths but we cannot rely on him for more than 3 or 4 consecutive games if we lose Moses or Drown during the year.

He's not young but I'd look at Adam Cook although he is probably the same as Asi. He'll have 17 clubs after him but Coby Black is the one so I doubt we get him.

emjaycee

Coach
He's not young but I'd look at Adam Cook although he is probably the same as Asi. He'll have 17 clubs after him but Coby Black is the one so I doubt we get him.
I guess they don't have to be juniors/young. An experienced journeyman who is willing and able might suffice. Not as "experienced" as say Rankin, but maybe someone mid-20's with 15-20 NRL games under their belt but not likely to be a regular first grader. Do they exist?