What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I guess they don't have to be juniors/young. An experienced journeyman who is willing and able might suffice. Not as "experienced" as say Rankin, but maybe someone mid-20's with 15-20 NRL games under their belt but not likely to be a regular first grader. Do they exist?
I reckon Doueihi wouId be perfect filling that role for a year. Probably has to take a cheap contract to get back on track. While he provides coverage for several spots. Plus has experience.

emjaycee

Coach
I reckon Doueihi wouId be perfect filling that role for a year. Probably has to take a cheap contract to get back on track. While he provides coverage for several spots. Plus has experience.
Not sure Doueihi would be happy as a fill-in. I want someone who is happy to be signed on a top 30 contract on minimum wage plus a little bit for 3-4 years, can learn our systems and step up when needed and is happy to introduce themselves to girls at the pub (or tinder or wherever) as, "I'm a professional NRL player and the 2nd best halfback at the Parramatta Eels".

JokerEel

Coach
Why would he stay he aint playing finals and its harder to get that extra 90k a year getting picked for Origin in a bottom 4 side.

By the looks of it the Tigers are doing there umpteenth cleanout at the end of year with moving move players on.

I think despite the fact there been more competitive it seems they are still going to be making more changes is a major concern.

Because Money

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Not sure Doueihi would be happy as a fill-in. I want someone who is happy to be signed on a top 30 contract on minimum wage plus a little bit for 3-4 years, can learn our systems and step up when needed and is happy to introduce themselves to girls at the pub (or tinder or wherever) as, "I'm a professional NRL player and the 2nd best halfback at the Parramatta Eels".
I don't think they really exist, any back up half back that shows anything half decent, is snapped up pretty quickly by another club on a decent deal....O'Sullivan, gamble, cogger, are some that come to mind....

emjaycee

Coach
I don't think they really exist, any back up half back that shows anything half decent, is snapped up pretty quickly by another club on a decent deal....O'Sullivan, gamble, cogger, are some that come to mind....
Yeah I know, but we need to find one of those that wants to play for us.
I wonder if Jamal is going to feel like leaving cold Canberra and returning to the Golden West!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think in the context of this conversation, the "sack BA" brigade would likely be claiming some sort of victory, albeit hollow.
They weren’t claiming any victories after we got belted by Souths. We improved when Moses and Gutherson came back, as I predicted. I suppose that makes me the victor.

lingard

Coach
I don't know about that first part; but I'd be happy to introduce myself to girls in the manner you suggest. (Not sure they'd believe me, though.)