What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
They speak the truth! Say it how it is. Great podcast. No agendas like TCT.
I had a listen tonight... They should rename it to the "It's as simple as that" podcast.... I must have heard that Adam merkin say that phrase about 67 times tonight.... He's a tad bossy too....and they need to find a way to stop talking over the top of each other.... Apart from that, I thought they had some good content...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
what about the 4 spots we have left? …

the point is other clubs seem to be more proactive than we are..
Spots aren’t really the currency, cap space is. Those spots, if they needed to be filled (and it appears they don’t) would only be filled by the quality of player already at the club but outside the top thirty. Merkins like Lumelume or Tago. Why upgrade them if we don’t have to? What’s the benefit?

Spots aren’t really the currency, cap space is. Those spots, if they needed to be filled (and it appears they don’t)
Why does it appear that spots don't need to be filled, and we don't need to reach a Top 30?

"At least 24 Top 30 players must be contracted by 1 November, 28 Top 30 players by the Monday prior to Round 1 and 30 Top 30 players by 30 June (or the first working day thereafter if 30 June falls on a weekend)."

This implies we need to have contracted 30 players for this year by 30 June. If we're paying freight for top 30 players that have since left for elsewhere this year, then they are included and effectively still take up the spots.

But your highly accurate Squad Succession thread suggests we haven't gotten to 30 yet? So there are indeed spots that need to be filled in the next 3 weeks?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought he explained that pretty well, and they ain't journos, it's a fan forum, pretty straightforward for mine.

I'm not sure why people can't see that.
"Hey fan podcast guy. You should use the platform you've expended all this effort on to ambush a club employee and make him (and yourself) look like a f**kwit. This will make me happy because I hate the merkin. You will need to find a new hobby afterwards though because it'll be the end of any relevance your podcast had."

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why does it appear that spots don't need to be filled, and we don't need to reach a Top 30?
Because we didn't last year.
"At least 24 Top 30 players must be contracted by 1 November, 28 Top 30 players by the Monday prior to Round 1 and 30 Top 30 players by 30 June (or the first working day thereafter if 30 June falls on a weekend)."

This implies we need to have contracted 30 players for this year by 30 June. If we're paying freight for top 30 players that have since left for elsewhere this year, then they are included and effectively still take up the spots.
If that's the case then we don't have four spots left to fill. Pretty simple.

JokerEel

Coach
@everyone just checking we are still 14th and lost last weekend?

Reading Pou's last batch of replies sounds like we are ontop of the table flying high...

I'm using the term ironically. You're not anyone's mate, pal or buddy. You're not even really a champ.
irony GIF

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
@everyone just checking we are still 14th and lost last weekend?
And suddenly every decision the club made was wrong? Give it a rest. This is what it looks like between premiership windows. The reason they're called windows is because they open and shut.
Reading Pou's last batch of replies sounds like we are ontop of the table flying high...
Reading all the doom and gloom you'd think nobody at the club knew what it took to be competitive. We'll be back, but we're going to have to be patient.

lucablight

First Grade
Moving the goalposts? You were whinging about attack. I agree our defence sucks but that wasn't the point of contention.
I’m not moving the goalposts. You’re cherry picking data to try and justify a poor attacking display. If you don’t score more points than your opposition then you aren’t scoring enough points.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m not moving the goalposts. You’re cherry picking data to try and justify a poor attacking display. If you don’t score more points than your opposition then you aren’t scoring enough points.
Now you're using our poor defence to justify your incessant whinging about our attack.

Latest posts