What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Is it a good question? You can only recruit to fill gaps in your salary cap, which means waiting for existing contracts to end. We have had at least three blokes on top 17 money on the books for a while - Sivo, Penisini and Simonsson. Who knows how much Dunster is on, but he was shaping as a starting winger when we signed him to his current deal. We can’t spend his money until he is gone, and it looks like we have spent it on Lomax next year. Probably most of Simonsson’s as well.
Well then that’s what they’d say….

84 Baby

Referee
It looks like Penrith are going to sign Asu Kepaoa from the tigers as a replacement for may and yet we couldn’t adequately replace 4 outside backs that have left us since 2021….

we are that far off the pace on how we operate our roster it’s actually comical….what a joke.
Meh his name isn’t Arsey Krapoa for nothing

Gronk

Staff member
When did I say they were journalists?
You literally were saying that they were “media”.

Anyway, when did it dawn on you that they are more Oprah than Derryn Hinch ? They have produced 50+ podcasts over 4 years and never deviated. Now you decide that they should be hard hitting ? They have interviewed MON 7 times they same way.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
We know why they won’t ask hard questions. Some access is better than none, for all of us. Asking the fans with the best access to ruin that access just so they can be pissy insolent merkins might make merkins feel good for a brief moment but then it’s over and nobody gets any access again.

I thought he explained that pretty well, and they ain't journos, it's a fan forum, pretty straightforward for mine.

I'm not sure why people can't see that.

Avenger

Immortal
You literally were saying that they were “media”.

Anyway, when did it dawn on you that they are more Oprah than Derryn Hinch ? They have produced 50+ podcasts over 4 years and never deviated. Now you decide that they should be hard hitting ? They have interviewed MON 7 times they same way.
He used the word 'media' to try and justify his soft cock approach not me. Anyway this stuff we are on now is social media so does that make us social journalists?

Of course not.

Stop clutching at straws.

parra pete

Referee
TCT I assume do it all for free. I read the training reports but don't visit a whole lot bar that. I wouldn't be to critical towards them as it's just a little hobby for the guys. If I was running the site I would probably be more critical and realistic and my audience would most likely be 10x the amount and would draw all sorts of sponsors but like the rest of us I can't be f**ked doing what they do so I probably wouldn't be to harsh on them.
Read if like for a bit of fun. They mean well.
Best fan site on internet, in my opinion. I admire the blokes for their dedication.

It wasn't personal. My points were solid. He just didn't like the flaccid comment. The media comment was irrelevant as was him revealing his real name. He always does that. Who gives a f**k what his real name is. That's irrelevant too. What is relevant is that he won't ask any tough questions because they may ban his access to the bistro. (Not to eat but to do after game podcasts). I'd rather him just admit it.
They won’t risk the hard questions.
Otherwise, their pies & Sauso rolls in the corporate box would be at stake.

Last edited: