What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Football, from a club's perspective, is to be successful AND make money. And in football money follows success, they're interlinked and always have been. So for club management the first rule of business is success first, and should always be first, and money will come thru increased memberships, merch sales, sponsorship and attendance at games. And if your successful survival is never in question.
Tell it to the clubs that never win anything. If spending more made them wealthier they’d be doing it. Not all investment brings a return. Negative returns happen all the time, especially in pro sport. Look at Manly since 2011.

Avenger

Immortal
Not all investment brings a return.
giphy.webp

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thanks for admitting your original statement was invalid.

And there is no proof it impacted us more extremely than the majority of other clubs, as you originally inferred.

Thanks again for having one of your obvious nonsense posts corrected 😊
There is proof it impacted us negatively. I’ve shared it more than once. If there is proof it impacted anyone else negatively you’ll have to go and find it. Until then sit down.

Legal Eel

Juniors
There is proof it impacted us negatively. I’ve shared it more than once. If there is proof it impacted anyone else negatively you’ll have to go and find it. Until then sit down.
I have no idea what you are like in real life, but if it is anything like this troll character you inhabit online, you would have to be the worst person who ever lived.

emjaycee

Coach
Football, from a club's perspective, is to be successful AND make money. And in football money follows success, they're interlinked and always have been. So for club management the first rule of business is success first, and should always be first, and money will come thru increased memberships, merch sales, sponsorship and attendance at games. And if your successful survival is never in question.
Interesting that we as supporters think that way (i.e. that success on the football field should come first).
I am sure as far as the CEO and the Football Club staff go, that is definitely a top metric, however I don't think the Board of every football club has the same approach and attitude. They would look at the whole organisations success as being a goal.
Below are the Key Responsibilities for the Board of an NRL Club (not ours) that most would say are "successful" and well run.
1718324537202.png

Nonsense and immature response.

You needed to provide proof it impacted us more negatively than the average other team, otherwise your assertive contribution remains (again) invalid. Until then... maybe stop posting your easily dismissible nonsense?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I have no idea what you are like in real life, but if it is anything like this troll character you inhabit online, you would have to be the worst person who ever lived.
It doesn’t really matter what I’m like in real life, does it? Social media is the place for arguing with idiots (or even smart people I disagree with) because I can’t be bothered sharing research in face-to-face interactions. “Oh hey friend, I disagree and here’s why. Let me just send you this link.” In real life people agree to disagree. Online they don’t have to. They can advance their point with evidence and logic, and merkins who can’t keep up can just call them a f**kwit and keep scrolling.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nonsense and immature response.

You needed to provide proof it impacted us more negatively than the average other team, otherwise your assertive contribution remains (again) invalid. Until then... maybe stop posting your easily dismissible nonsense?
No I just need to provide proof that it impacted us negatively, which I did. The point being discussed was about why the club has been reluctant to spend more money. Whatever you want the discussion to be about, involving other clubs, is your agenda to push. Rather than complaining that evidence provided by others doesn’t support your shit agenda, I suggest you get to work pushing.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Watching the game last night. The Hammer is the closest player I've seen since Semi. What an excitement machine! That try he scored last night reminded me of Semi big time. Watching him play is so enjoyable.
He is an absolute superstar and so good to watch in the clear … even though he plays for Teams I don’t support his talent is undeniable

Delboy

First Grade
No I just need to provide proof that it impacted us negatively, which I did. The point being discussed was about why the club has been reluctant to spend more money. Whatever you want the discussion to be about, involving other clubs, is your agenda to push. Rather than complaining that evidence provided by others doesn’t support your shit agenda, I suggest you get to work pushing.
Think it proves that the cap was poorly managed and too many options and lengthy contracts given impacted the ability to contend after 2022. The failure to sign adequate replacements for the 6/7 players that moved on just shows how badly the cap was applied. Signing journeymen and expecting too much else was stupid, must better to have signed 2/3 NRL players and bring youth through, that’s what clubs with good football managers have done, we don’t.

No I just need to provide proof that it impacted us negatively, which I did.
Not all all - to support the claim/inference we were impacted comparative to other clubs. But then you have proved to have a quite "simple" understanding of nuanced matters, especially when it comes to what you think passes for "educating" us merkins, lol.
I suggest you get to work pushing.
And may I suggest you get to work being a better contributor, rather than the nonsense rubbish you slefishly continue to serve up here, and then attempt to limit others' conversations around?

#trollwatch

They can advance their point with evidence and logic, and merkins who can’t keep up can just call them a f**kwit and keep scrolling.
Or merkins who can't keep up can take on a troll-like persona like you have done, and make it completely obvious you are a page or chapter behind the majority of us - while pretending you are here to "educate" 😂.

#trollwatch

emjaycee

Coach
I am not sure, but I think the NRL actually pays each club for the amount spent on player contracts. Therefore I don't think PLC and PNRL revenue during and post-Covid would have had a bearing on how we managed the cap.

But then again, maybe some know more than me on this matter.

Latest posts