What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's a wonderful assumption

It's on the PFS though... so the underlying numbers may be from multiple categories, someone of which may have been impacted by external sources, making them net higher or lower (that's the start of an explanation and you didn't even ask nicely)
What may have happened is a matter for speculation. Analysis needs to focus on the evidence we have, not the evidence we don't have.

oldmancraigy

Coach
It tells you the big picture, which is what matters when assessing the overall trajectory of the club. It certainly doesn't tell us who to blame, but it's not a question I'm interested in.

I'm really not sure how that question fits our conversation either.

Certainly the overall PFS gives trajectory. I like the story it tells. Hopeful we use surpluses wisely going forward to generate even more income that strengthen pathways.

lucablight

First Grade
Teams sometimes win games they 'have no right to win'. It's part of the normal range of outcomes. There's no point pissing your knickers over it.

Except they do, and without those disadvantages they might've belted us like we belted them in round one.

But teams rarely have equal possession, even over a season's worth of games. One reason is that they each place differing importance on it. Teams with quality defence can take more risks with the ball while weaker defensive teams can't afford to. Teams with good run game through the middle don't need to throw as many passes to break the line so they will (or can) complete higher. Teams without it (e.g. Canterbury) need to shift the ball, reducing their completion rate over a large enough sample. Some teams just lack composure.

No, we know our attack was good enough because we were winning at that point. We were taking unnecessary risks because we lacked composure.
55% possession against the Roosters. I guess our attack was good enough today as well because we were ahead by 2 points near the end?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Was there TCT involvement at the Club yesterday. I must say Ive fallen well behind on their pods etc so I may have missed it but I didnt see anything as I usually do. I noticed the big screens advertised an after match function after the game in Jacks but no mention of TCT? Hopefully alls good there.

Johnny88

Juniors
Dog slips past Eels
Blake Wilson, the Bulldogs’ two-try hero against Parramatta on Monday, probably should’ve been playing for the Eels after they made a significant play for him last year.

There was more money on the table, plus a shot at the fullback position, where Wilson certainly has the ability to play. When he was deciding which club to join, he took a call from Parramatta captain Clint Gutherson, who said he’d move out of fullback to make way for the rising star. Wilson felt a sense of loyalty to the Bulldogs, who plucked him out of the Sunshine Coast where he was in the Storm’s feeder system and gave him a chance on a train-and-trial deal. He signed on for about $50,000 and, since that time, has proved to be a first-grader of real worth.

Latest posts