What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Or Gutho telling the team that they are definitely going to win and have celebratory beers in the sheds against the Bulldogs because we 'turned a corner' against the Sharks. These merkins just expect to turn up and win. I've never seen worse attitudes / leadership than form Eels senior players
Yep, I wouldn’t shed a tear if they all leave. After they made the GF the whole club seemed to think it was job done.

84 Baby

Referee
Yep, I wouldn’t shed a tear if they all leave. After they made the GF the whole club seemed to think it was job done.
I think it was even slightly worse for some of them. Some of them seemed more that they tried but it was too hard to do any better. At least with “job done” you can give them a new job

King-Gutho94

Coach
A truly embarrassing table below if you ask me.

Not much we can do about our early days but to think us & Manly both came into the premiership at the same time 1947.

One club has never won a spoon & double the amount of Premierships with probably half the resources and a quarter of the junior base.

Compared to us who have won 14 spoons and had just one period of premiership success in nearly 80 years.

Manly folded went into the Northern Eagles managed to sneak there way back in from the dead and still go onto play 4 GFs, won another 2 premierships and not a win a spoon in the past 20 years.

While we have won 3 spoons and staring down the barrel of our 4th in 12-13 years and made just 2 GFs while not winning anything.

1719192098573.png
1719192117924.png

ImTheMan

Juniors
A truly embarrassing table below if you ask me.

Not much we can do about our early days but to think us & Manly both came into the premiership at the same time 1947.

One club has never won a spoon & double the amount of Premierships with probably half the resources and a quarter of the junior base.

Compared to us who have won 14 spoons and had just one period of premiership success in nearly 80 years.

Manly folded went into the Northern Eagles managed to sneak there way back in from the dead and still go onto play 4 GFs, won another 2 premierships and not a win a spoon in the past 20 years.

While we have won 3 spoons and staring down the barrel of our 4th in 12-13 years and made just 2 GFs while not winning anything.

View attachment 90062
View attachment 90063

Lucky the modern game doesn't require teams to perform anymore. We will still get to see the beloved Eels hobble out in 2050 mocked as one of the least winning professional sports teams in Australian history. And all the tears of Parra fans along the way will echo throughout eternity, long after the game is played by robots due to government mandate after doctors politicise the irreversible damage done to players brains and bodies and get it banned. Then when all hope is lost, the Eels will never be able to rectify their history and god will let it be known that as long as players are all mates after the game and got paid the big dollars, the jersey itself actually meant a lot less to them than Billy Bob's Eels shrine in his parents basement meant to him when he was 80 years old. Truly a sad ending.

Gronk

Staff member
I heard a tale over the weekend of an NRL player who was wandering around the suburb of where his training is located wearing a backpack and high as a kite. This went on for weeks in the off season. Apparently he was living in club's COE until they kicked him out.

This is not a guessing competition, so don't bother.

ImTheMan

Juniors
I heard a tale over the weekend of an NRL player who was wandering around the suburb of where his training is located wearing a backpack and high as a kite. This went on for weeks in the off season. Apparently he was living in club's COE until they kicked him out.

This is not a guessing competition, so don't bother.
Cool! Which Eels board member was at your BBQ?