What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Legal Eel

Juniors
I’m the one talking up an Eels player ffs. Where’s your f**king optimism?
You are doing it in defence of a sacked coach - and it is nothing even to do with defending his reputation, it is more just designed to troll parramatta fans.

What has become clear in the past two months is that most of the rugby league world can see that Brad Arthur underachieved with the squad and resources at his disposal…hence the clamour for his job.

I think even you see this but your trolling arguments with parra fans are just way too important to maintain.

Gronk

Staff member
If he was playing for a pay cheque he wouldnt make those sort of efforts in defense.

Dyl is one of the best 5/8th in the game. Period
This
I don’t agree with that , because if he and Moses are such a gun partnership , wtf are we dead last ?

By the way I’m yet to see neither win us a match against a team of significance?
Definitely not this.

yy_cheng

Coach
I don’t agree with that , because if he and Moses are such a gun partnership , wtf are we dead last ?

By the way I’m yet to see neither win us a match against a team of significance?
Because we don't have the right defensive mindset and systems in place.

When some players are busting their guts and they see the ball spread wide and the opposition winger strolls in, it's got nothing to do with the halves.

Tries are also scored with decoy runs which holds the opposition defenders... we don't do this... watch all the great attacking teams, they have players moving every direction which gives the halves options. Our halves don't have those options.

BA's coaching in the opposition 20 was just give it to our talented playmakers and they'll work it out. It's why we see really good tries scored by the team but then never repeated.. because it was off the cuff and not rehearsed. There are so many run around plays with Jnr, Matto, Carty, Lane that we score off but we never repeat them. Maybe it was all Mahoney.

If they don't drill it in training, it's not second nature to the decoy runners to run those lines. If they do drill it, then our decoy runners are just damn lazy. Really only Kelma ran lines that were decent.

I said over at TCT when they praise our attack when they watch them train, that's because our talented playmakers can fool our NSW cup defense in training... but they can't really fool an NRL defensive line. Look how hard it was for us to crack South's line and so many previous games where we are camped in the opposition 20 for long periods and no result.

So it's not our halves, it's the support runners and our defensive mindset and system.

We are just poorly coached

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore

When some players are busting their guts and they see the ball spread wide and the opposition winger strolls in, it's got nothing to do with the halves.

Tries are also scored with decoy runs which holds the opposition defenders... we don't do this... watch all the great attacking teams, they have players moving every direction which gives the halves options. Our halves don't have those options.

BA's coaching in the opposition 20 was just give it to our talented playmakers and they'll work it out.

If they don't drill it in training, it's not second nature to the decoy runners to run those lines. If they do drill it, then our decoy runners are just damn lazy. Really only Kelma ran lines that were decent.

I said over at TCT when they praise our attack when they watch them train, that's because our talented playmakers can fool our NSW cup defense in training... but they can't really fool an NRL defensive line. Look how hard it was for us to crack South's line and so many previous games where we are camped in the opposition 20 for long periods and no result.

So it's not our halves, it's the support runners and our defensive mindset and system.

I’ve been saying for a long time we are the worst coached team in the comp.

A new coach and voice should do wonders.

yy_cheng

Coach

something simple like leg drive - watch other teams back 5, hit the line, they struggle to try to break free with their legs pumping. Ours.... chase the collision and submit to the ground. That's why moses kicks alot from our 30-40m line.

Unless we offload or spread it, we don't make alot of metres from rucking it out.

So poorly coached.

They've been told to chase the collision so much that they don't even think about trying to beat the man.

I watch replays of Semi and his aim was to beat the man... ours are always run into the middle and dont get pushed back.

yy_cheng

Coach

What Hornby has done for Souths, I hope Ryles can do for us. South's desperation in defense compared to Barrett's attack mentality show's where we are deficient.

yy_cheng

Coach
Hold on, we don't make yardage coming out of our end because Sivo is a pussy and the rest of the backline are (slow) lightweights.
Sivo isn't that slow, neither is Russell or Bailey. Probably the same speed or slightly slower than T'oo. Even all the panfer wingers that step up when there are injuries... they just run harder and don't give up. It is the system and the way they are coached and they all do the same thing.

Notice that all our guys seem to be trained to do the same thing as each other? It is our system and how we are coached.

Granted, I think Blaize is different, but I think that's him personally.

EelsFan05

Bench
something simple like leg drive - watch other teams back 5, hit the line, they struggle to try to break free with their legs pumping. Ours.... chase the collision and submit to the ground. That's why moses kicks alot from our 30-40m line.

Unless we offload or spread it, we don't make alot of metres from rucking it out.

So poorly coached.

They've been told to chase the collision so much that they don't even think about trying to beat the man.

I watch replays of Semi and his aim was to beat the man... ours are always run into the middle and dont get pushed back.
It puts a lot of pressure on the forwards to get back onside as well.

Gronk

Staff member
Even all the panfer wingers that step up when there are injuries... they just run harder and don't give up. It is the system and the way they are coached and they all do the same thing.
Nah it's the quality of the players. Not buying that a coach with a magic wand could make Sivo into Semi or Aldi Tago into Harrods Tago.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You are doing it in defence of a sacked coach - and it is nothing even to do with defending his reputation, it is more just designed to troll parramatta fans.

What has become clear in the past two months is that most of the rugby league world can see that Brad Arthur underachieved with the squad and resources at his disposal…hence the clamour for his job.
Yes Bennett was very excited at the opportunity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

BA's coaching in the opposition 20 was just give it to our talented playmakers and they'll work it out. It's why we see really good tries scored by the team but then never repeated.. because it was off the cuff and not rehearsed. There are so many run around plays with Jnr, Matto, Carty, Lane that we score off but we never repeat them. Maybe it was all Mahoney.

The best proxy for individual brilliance is tackle breaks, and we haven't been in the top five teams for tackle breaks since 2014 when we had Hayne and Radradra. In fact 2014, 2016, 2020 and 2021 were the only years we were even in the top half of the comp. In 2022 we were 11th for tackle breaks and sixth for tries. We were top five for tries scored last year, despite being sixteenth for tackle breaks. Even when we score a lot of tries it's not from individuals doing it on their own. You can put that bullshit to rest.