What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
If we clearly make the Top 8 next year, with virtually the same squad, then coaching has to have contributed.
Hey, don't be moving the goal posts here. I'm saying our 2024 backs are garbage you're saying that they are fine and coachable to a far better level.

The allegation is that our punch from coming out of our own end was not about the roster, but about coaching. Good luck with that. Oh and you can't include Lomax in your 2025 stats, cos that's cheating.

King-Gutho94

Coach
The Dragons have obviously significantly improved from 2023, given they ran 16th and won only 5 games, now 2/3rds through the season have won eight games and equal wins with some of those in the Top 8.

Have their only recruits of Kyle Flanagan and Raymond Faitaler-Mariner, who both came from the Dogs, who were struggling, really been the only ones who made all the difference? Leilua has played for them, but he was unwanted and shit at the Cowboys.

What else changed for this dramatic improvement?
Got rid of Hook and bought a premiership winning coach in Flanagan.

Considering our new coach Ryles knocked back the gig that Flanno took.

Going to be interesting how both go in there roles.

Knowing our luck Flanno will win a comp with that average mob and Ryles won't with us.

JokerEel

Coach
Hey, don't be moving the goal posts here. I'm saying our 2024 backs are garbage you're saying that they are fine and coachable to a far better level.

The allegation is that our punch from coming out of our own end was not about the roster, but about coaching. Good luck with that. Oh and you can't include Lomax in your 2025 stats, cos that's cheating.

Doubt we make th tio 8 with the duds we have at the moment...

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
How about our backs are not great, but with better coaching might have been better. Example: Sean Russell butchered an important try earlier in the year because he was attempting the put down with his inside hand. Coaching can fix that. And don’t get me started on the foot inside the ten at the short dropout last week.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If we clearly make the Top 8 next year, with virtually the same squad, then coaching has to have contributed.
Which is fair enough assumption, but then on the other hand it must also be assumed coaching got us to the finals 4 years in the row (2 top 4 finishes) plus a gf.

Is that a fair assumption?

Gronk

Staff member
It's because of the staff Panfers have trained up ffs...

Clearly is just the lucky f**ker who gets the talent that filters through...
Right so the Panthers don't have the best talent pool or attract the best juniors from other areas. They just have normal ones and teach them real good.

Are you guys on crack ?

Gronk

Staff member
How about our backs are not great, but with better coaching might have been better. Example: Sean Russell butchered an important try earlier in the year because he was attempting the put down with his inside hand. Coaching can fix that. And don’t get me started on the foot inside the ten at the short dropout last week.
Yes, that is true. However these same merkins on here argued that when Penisini (2) and AMS when down and all we signed was Harper, was a massive fail.

Now because they want to win an argument, that squad is fine. Twits.

hindy111

Post Whore
And as Pou has said

Jfh,Leota,L.Martin are all average forwards.

Cleary is just good cause in a good side.

Must be coaching then.....

hindy111

Post Whore
Yes, that is true. However these same merkins on here argued that when Penisini (2) and AMS when down and all we signed was Harper, was a massive fail.

Now because they want to win an argument, that squad is fine. Twits.

A couple of guys not in top 30 or even in development contracts where seen as our back ups hey? I doubt it.

Latest posts