What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Wally21

Bench
As I thought.....eels makes finals not BA's coaching, eels don't make BA can't coach.....

BTW, BA debuted 4 of those players and developed them. While the others were fringe players or unwanted when recruited by the eels. And all improved under BA.

Was that BA's coaching or good luck ?
BA is gone. Dead. Buried. Grass has grown over the grave.
roster management, shit contracts and BA’s refusal to change have all led to us being a f**king shithouse and a laughing stock.
Time for a new direction in coaching, (tick) new assistants and fitness gurus and a refresh of the roster. Anyone arguing over that is living in a parallel universe chasing rainbows and unicorns…

Soto

Bench
No, I never said

Although if Ryles make the Top 8 with the only inclusion being Lomax, you would have to say coaching contributed to that.
I'd say we will see a vastly different team next yr. I'd be surprised if Ryles doesn't take the guillotine to this squad. He will want to bring some of his own players in and tap some of our underperforming players.
He will want success quickly despite being handed a 4yr contract.
With a new hooker, prop, 2nd rower, a couple of outside backs we can climb back into the 8.
First and foremost must fix 2 very important things
1. Defence
2. Fitness

Fix those 2 our attack is good enough to win many games but our defence has been nothing short of a disgrace...exit previous coaching and methods, fitness training and underwhelming performances...
I want to see this club back to winning games, packing out the stadium, playing for the jersey and for 80 mins...not 25

hineyrulz

Post Whore
BA is gone. Dead. Buried. Grass has grown over the grave.
roster management, shit contracts and BA’s refusal to change have all led to us being a f**king shithouse and a laughing stock.
Time for a new direction in coaching, (tick) new assistants and fitness gurus and a refresh of the roster. Anyone arguing over that is living in a parallel universe chasing rainbows and unicorns…
Can’t wait for Ryles to get here, sick of hearing about Bea Arthur. He’s gone and totally forgotten as far as I’m concerned.

Doesn’t stop the Huggy crew mooning over a lost love.

Chipmunk

Coach
As I thought.....eels makes finals not BA's coaching, eels don't make BA can't coach.....

BTW, BA debuted 4 of those players and developed them. While the others were fringe players or unwanted when recruited by the eels. And all improved under BA.

I'm happy to call it, I think the previous coach held the team back from reaching their potential and any other coach who has coached in the NRL in the past decade would've achieved at least the same results as a minimum.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I suspect the inclusion of Mahoney, Papali'i, Nrown, Stone, Niukore, Opacic, Kaufusi and others contributed.

Is that a fair assumption?
All of those bar Nrown and Opacic increased their value at our club. Is it fair to assume we have players currently at the club whose value should increase next year?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Just good luck. But when the 2023 SG Ball grads are all in their 20s next year and contributing to the NRL team it will be Ryles’ coaching.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd say we will see a vastly different team next yr. I'd be surprised if Ryles doesn't take the guillotine to this squad. He will want to bring some of his own players in and tap some of our underperforming players.
He will want success quickly despite being handed a 4yr contract.
With a new hooker, prop, 2nd rower, a couple of outside backs we can climb back into the 8.
First and foremost must fix 2 very important things
1. Defence
2. Fitness

Fix those 2 our attack is good enough to win many games but our defence has been nothing short of a disgrace...exit previous coaching and methods, fitness training and underwhelming performances...
I want to see this club back to winning games, packing out the stadium, playing for the jersey and for 80 mins...not 25
Even if we axe a bunch of merkins (and get them to agree to zero payout), which clubs are going to agree to release the players we will want to replace them? It is July. Our only market moves between now and November are likely to be upgrades to youngsters and bringing backups into the bottom of the top thirty. In November we’ll start negotiations for 2026.

Latest posts