What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
The question was about our backups.

But our starters are fine. Sivo, Simonsson and Penisini have played in a grand final. Talagi is young but talented.

That's your problem. Our starters aren't fine.
Sivo is done and why we are shopping him. He is lazy. Simmonson is fine but bog average and doesn't make most sides backline.
Penisini is a good young talent. Average season. Blaize is our best but will be a fullback meaning we have space for 3 backs

yy_cheng

Coach
I forgot lol.
Lomax,Blaize,Pensini is a good start. I could live with that with Guth and Sivo/Simmonson for a year
Guth is a hard one.

I still reckon he should be 9 and Hands subbing him from 14.

1. Blaize/Lomax
2. Would love Vinavalu
3. Penisini
4. Blaize/Lomax
5. Sivo/Simmo

Sivo is still good 10m out
With Lomax in the team, he can take one of the hitups that Sivo is shit at.
Sivo usually gets bombed to so he doesn't need to take a 2nd hitup

JokerEel

Coach
Right so the Panthers don't have the best talent pool or attract the best juniors from other areas. They just have normal ones and teach them real good.

Are you guys on crack ?

What we don't have the best talent pool either or juniors?

Must be all that crack I am smoking..

Nothing to do with coaching at all ffs

hindy111

Post Whore
that wouId a pretty great outcome. WouIdnt be expensive. Goes ok, but wouIdnt expect to be starter. Gives us much needed depth in the backs for next few years, which we need.

hope it happens

I agree. He is a good back up. If Dunster wasn't for his horiffic injury he also would of been. I have no idea how good AMS or R.Pensini is. Maybe the same level. Russel and d Dunster where hyped up coming thru also

The Predictor

Juniors
Maybe you should seek others to agree with you that Moses and Brown have never won us a game vs decent teams.

Disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing ? Twit. I just call out stupid posts.
Your fella troll agrees. must feel good…..something is blossoming ❤️

King-Gutho94

Coach
Have a look at their record without him compared to their record with him. It's about 20% worse.
Penrith go from winning 85% to 65%.

That's still 16 wins a season on average.

Our record without Gutherson since 2017 is 55% worse. We go from 55% to 0%. 0 wins from 10 games he has missed since 2017.

Our record without Moses since he arrived is 23% worse we go from 56% to 33%. 8 wins from 24.

So going off those facts that's almost double the amount of games Penrith still win on average without Cleary then what we do without Moses.

65% Penrith win without Cleary to 33% Parra win without Moses

Legal Eel

Juniors
Yep. Really poor and disingenuous to claim that 2024 finally revealed Arthur's quality as a coach after the highs of 2019-2022.
No 2019-22 was just as instructive.

I believe a better coach would have won a premiership in that span with this squad at its peak.

he was merely adequate - and you are the only one who will read that as a glowing endorsement.

Gronk

Staff member
No 2019-22 was just as instructive.

I believe a better coach would have won a premiership in that span with this squad at its peak.

he was merely adequate - and you are the only one who will read that as a glowing endorsement.
If we had a better coach, we would have beaten Storm / Penrith in the 2020 GF or Penrith in one of the 21 or 22 grand finals ?

Ok that's not one I have heard before, as previously many on here claimed we had been overachieving.