What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
@hineyrulz

Has already done 2 threads on BA's greatest hits and misses

It should have been nominated for the 2023 LU thread awards

hindy111

Post Whore
I think @hindy111 was only listing the BA signings he thought were shit.
If you're looking for the first good one, you need to also consider he signed the following while here:
  1. Danny Wicks (2015)
  2. Clint Gutherson (2016)
  3. Nathan Brown (2017)
  4. Mitchell Moses (2017)
  5. Maika Sivo (2019)
  6. Blake Ferguson (2019)
  7. Reagan Campbell-Gillard (2020)

Yes I mentioned them. But on that list who really was a great signing. I'll add Beau Scott but like Ferguson he was great in his first season. Ok in 2nd and horrible in his 3rd. Good signings? Meh I can't say that good. Ferguson was earning 500k to play back up in his 3rd year.
RCG was an origin rep so it isn't like he made him a star. He just regained form after a broken jaw.

Moses agree great signing along with Gutherson, Sivo and N.Brown, Hopgood.
Overall he made about 5 or 6 good signings. But his strike rate overall was horrible.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
@hineyrulz

Has already done 2 threads on BA's greatest hits and misses

It should have been nominated for the 2023 LU thread awards

I like the look of those threads!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hate to tell you, but Alamoti ain’t no backup fella. Penrith just saw something in him no one else did.
According to you, Gould paid him $500k. If true, that implies high demand from NRL clubs. Hardly Penrith being the only ones to see something in him. He’s always been a player who runs the ball well. Every club knows it. But his defence is poor. Penrith are best placed to hide him, which is why they signed Blaize Talagi. I’m keen to see if Penrith re-sign Alamoti and stand him and Talagi alongside each other in the defensive line.
Now he is a Premiership winner.
So are Momirovski and Staines. Plenty of teams have cheap outside backs. It allows them to spend more on more important positions.

Latest posts