What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I think Bird is a great player and fits what BA likes. He is a very tough hombre and a serious competitor. Plus he is at the right age and already and Origin player.

Great player and worth big coin. About the same as what Josh Reynolds wants. LOL

Incorrect

Coach
I like Bird from what seen.
Im not sure where i see him thou. To me he doesnt seem to have the skills of a half, looks a fullback. But if signed id say its for 5/8.

100% he would be signed to play in the 6.

I think long term the plan would be to move Guth in to the centres in place of Taka. Taka moves to the bench although I don't think we'd carry both Taka and Edwards on the bench so maybe Taka could be squeezed out.... Unless Jennings decides to hang em up unexpectedly and a centre possie opens for Taka/Guth that way...

Then again, maybe BA wants to move French to the halves with Normz and play Bird at fullback....

100% I have no idea....

Stevie

Bench
100% he would be signed to play in the 6.

I think long term the plan would be to move Guth in to the centres in place of Taka. Taka moves to the bench although I don't think we'd carry both Taka and Edwards on the bench so maybe Taka could be squeezed out.... Unless Jennings decides to hang em up unexpectedly and a centre possie opens for Taka/Guth that way...

Then again, maybe BA wants to move French to the halves with Normz and play Bird at fullback....

100% I have no idea....
haha you went from "100% he would be signed to play in the 6." to

"100% I have no idea."

Chipmunk

Coach
So what is a normal lock in today's game ?

- Work horse like Gallen/Finucane?
-,Explosive attacking player like Taumalolo?
- defensive player like Scott/fenson ?
- a converted prop like McGuire/klemmer?

There are so many different models!!

None of them look and play like Jack Bird does now or will for the next 5-7 years.

Noise

Coach
Gutherson' main weakness at 6 is his kicking game. His strength is his running game and defence. The same with Bird. He is not much of a kicker but has good defence and running game. I don't see a significant upgrade in bird over Gutherson at 6, particularly when you take into account their salaries.

I think Birds best position is centre but he obviously wants more cash than you should pay a centre.

greena

Juniors
No doubt he is very good player, but is he what Parra need.

Parramatta need ore options from its 7 & 9. We looked like a chook with it's head cut off against Gold Coast. For mine the first priority is a half who is a good organiser, kicks well and is a solid defender.

We also need a good hooker. Wish the bloke from Canberra was an option.

Add a big dominating prop and we are a top 4 team with areal cance of winning a comp.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Parramatta need ore options from its 7 & 9. We looked like a chook with it's head cut off against Gold Coast. For mine the first priority is a half who is a good organiser, kicks well and is a solid defender.

We have one, his name is Corey Norman. There's no other half with what you've stated that would be willing to play reserve grade.

Glenneel

Bench
Tigers are just to going to put them self back another 3-4 years.

Taylor was slowly getting their cap back to normal, now a new coach is going to get the gig and board will make him re-sign the big 4 on stupid money meaning they will have no depth and no ability to strengthen other positions.
In reality only 3 should be re-signed. Brooks is a waste of money and has actually regressed imo.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think Bird is a great player and fits what BA likes. He is a very tough hombre and a serious competitor. Plus he is at the right age and already and Origin player.
And a premiership winner. Tough, skillful, good defence. The only downside is lack of a long kicking game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

They all have to do a lot of defensive work in the middle. That doesn't suit a player like Bird.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if BA wants him, that'll do me

just curious as to how he will use him

I would imagine it will cost Taka a spot in the back line but I could live with that

hindy111

Post Whore

Ball player like Cartwirght

strider

Post Whore

The one thing all those various merkins have is reasonable size .... bird is tough but he's got a back's body

strider

Post Whore
Gutherson' main weakness at 6 is his kicking game. His strength is his running game and defence. The same with Bird. He is not much of a kicker but has good defence and running game. I don't see a significant upgrade in bird over Gutherson at 6, particularly when you take into account their salaries.

I think Birds best position is centre but he obviously wants more cash than you should pay a centre.
But is Bird+Gutho an upgraded backline over Gutho+Taka?

Latest posts