What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Meehan is type of signing I like. Similar to Manu and KE.
But it took them best part of a year in Wenty. He could be good but I wpuldnt be counting in it. High chance he will be Wenty for atleast half the season.

hindy111

Post Whore
B.morris would be fine. His defense save tries. I would only go there if dogs paid high amount and for one season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
B.morris would be fine. His defense save tries. I would only go there if dogs paid high amount and for one season.
He's still very safe, and experience is always helpful. But less than a hundred metres a game is pretty ordinary. He is 32 next year. Might be a decent one year signing if he was on less than $250k.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just the one? Either we're not offering enough money for him to commit for longer, or we're only offering one year. I would expect at least two years on any extension for him and now I'm scared and confused.

bartman

Immortal
Still waiting to see if f**king Kaysa ends up becoming the NRL prospect that some are still convinced he will be....?

Bandwagon

Staff member
Just the one? Either we're not offering enough money for him to commit for longer, or we're only offering one year. I would expect at least two years on any extension for him and now I'm scared and confused.

Makes sense when you consider he's only played a handful of NRL games, prior to which he was our third string option.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Think it's smart on our part, get him again we know he can do a job for us injury free.

Who knows who comes off contract in 2019 or if some of the young blokes in 20's are ready.

Chipmunk

Coach
Does it matter? He is not even 22. Eleven players who have played first grade for this year's likely minor premiers made their debuts in the year they turned 22 (or later). This includes Stimson, McLean, Kaufusi, Jacks, Glasby and Kenneath Bromwich, who have all played a dozen games or more this year.

As long as a dude is young his body can cope with time out of the game. And it's not like Meehan has been cycling around Brisbane knocking on doors. He has been knocking merkins out instead.

So the point he made his debut at 18 is fairly irrelevant then and little to do with him being a future NRL star.

Bandwagon

Staff member
So the point he made his debut at 18 is fairly irrelevant then and little to do with him being a future NRL star.

I wouldn't say it's irrelevant at all, it shows that at that age, there were people who are paid to know when a player is good enough, and physically developed enough, that thought that he was.

Chipmunk

Coach
I wouldn't say it's irrelevant at all, it shows that at that age, there were people who are paid to know when a player is good enough, and physically developed enough, that thought that he was.

I wasn't saying it was, but Pou Bear's second post I responded to, made the first post irrelevant to his original argument.

Latest posts