What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Anthony Minichiello > Billy Slater, imho

He was consistently brilliant, a great dude off the field, and not a massive cat and grub.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Anthony Minichiello > Billy Slater, imho

He was consistently brilliant, a great dude off the field, and not a massive cat and grub.

shame you never got to see the Mayor play mate,

it was a different game back then and KT was ahead of his time, no one ever saw a fullback control a game like he did back then

and then there was the kicking duels, something you just don't see any more

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I remember the kicking duels in the 80s. Love a good game of force em backs!

yeh, thats pretty much what is was, funny watching all the off side players just standing in the middle of the ground hands on hips, just watching

hindy111

Post Whore
Every single shit merkin that let him routinely make 60+ tackles a game while they pulled their dicks contributed to his body packing it in early.

Hi running game was shot. Unless he would make 40+ tackles he wasn't a contributor.
I'd say his running game was shot by 24/25 tbh. Age 21 till 25 he was dynamic

forward pass

Coach
Can someone who understands rugby league better than I do explain why it doesn't happen any more?

Because under the 5 metre rule, ground was hard to make. It was near impossible to get out of your own end so kicking was the best option.

Nowadays, sides are making 50 - 60 metres per set just by running.